[2] Wingman

"Iwa-chan?" Oikawa asked as soon as they were alone in the clubroom.

Iwaizumi looked in trance, as if thinking about something, and in fact he was. He couldn't get the girl from earlier, (l/n)(y/n) out of his head.

He snapped out of it finally.

"Did something happen to you, Iwa-chan? You look distracted."

Iwaizumi let out a deep breath. "None of your business Trashykawa. Now hurry up, I need to close the clubroom already!"

"Stop calling me that~!" Oikawa scolded back.

Soon, they headed back home, walking under a darkening sky. As they were about to approach the exit to the school, a familiar female voice called, "Iwaizumi-san."

He froze at the sight of you. "(L/n)-san, hi. What – I mean, w-why are you still here?"

You narrowed your brows in confusion, causing him to panic.

"Not that that's wrong or anything. You can do as you like. I just thought it's getting really dark. Not implying I don't think you can't take care of yourself – I mean, what I'm trying to say is-"

"So you must be what Iwa-chan's been distracted over~!"

Goddamn this trash bag excuse of a friend. Iwaizumi grabbed him by the collar and threatened him, "Stop making up stories, Shittykawa!"

You giggled, "Shittykawa? You're quite funny, Iwaizumi-san."

Iwaizumi blushed hard. He couldn't contain himself from your words, that were simple yet so impactful.

"Hey, don't call me that~!" Oikawa pouted. He sighed, but soon smirked, "I'm Oikawa Tooru. You can call me Oikawa senpai."

"I'm (l/n)(y/n)," you said, "It's nice to meet you, Shittykawa."

"Iwa-chan! This is all your fault, tch!"

Iwaizumi laughed at the situation. If anything he thought you were more adorable.

"Are you both headed back?" you asked the boys.

Iwaizumi replied, "Yea we are."

Oikawa intervened, "You know, (l/n)-chan, it is getting pretty dark." He pushed Iwaizumi towards you, causing him to fall forwards just a bit before catching himself, "Iwa-chan will walk you home."

"W-what, I-"

"I'd really appreciate that, thank you. I mean, unless you have to rush back home."

Iwaizumi shook his head, "Oh no, no. It's no problem. I uh, I mean my parents aren't home often so it's practically like I live alone."

You smiled.

"Alright, have fun kids! Don' t stay up too late!" Oikawa waved them off.

"Shut up Shittykawa," Iwaizumi said.

You repeated after him, "Yea, shut up, Shittykawa!"

Oikawa scolded again, "You're both so mean~!"

On your way back, the two of you began talking, almost too casually. Often times, Iwaizumi found it rather difficult to talk to someone new, and yet he found it so easy to talk to you. He was learning to love your conversations.

"So, where did you come here from?" he asked.

You replied, "Ah, I just moved from Tokyo. My dad got transferred here recently."

"Tokyo? Wow, so you're a city girl."

"Oh, I guess so," you giggled, "But to be fair we used to live in the suburbs, so the scenery isn't all that different from Miyagi."

"Oh I see."

"Have you ever been?" you asked.

"Once when I was really young, but I can't really remember it much. Although, I do plan on applying to university there."

"Wow that's great. My brother's there now actually."

"Yea, but the entrance exams are pretty difficult. I'm not hoping on it too much."

You eyed him curiously. "I think, from what I observe," you paused, causing him to turn, "You think a bit too lowly of yourself sometimes."

From what she observes? Does she watch me a lot? Why would she do that? I'm not worth watching.

Soon, you arrived at the front of your house.

"Well, this is me. Sorry to have burdened you," you said.

He waved his hand in denial, "No, no, not at all. This is actually on the way to my house, so it's pretty convenient. I could do this everyday."

You looked at him quizzically.

"Not that I'm going to! I mean, just hypothetically, if you needed to go home late, or if you just need someone to walk back with, I could do this again, if you'd like. B-but I'm not forcing you, it's just a possible option, is all."

You smiled, "Thank you. I'd like that."

Iwaizumi stared at you blankly.

"I don't really have any friends yet in school. It would be nice to have a walking buddy."

Iwaizumi gulped.

Suddenly, a voice from the direction of your house interrupted your conversation.

"Do you know what time it is, young lady?"

You rolled your eyes and turned back to find your 8-year-old brother, staring at you with arms crossed. His eyes suddenly widened at the sight of Iwaizumi.

His jaw dropped, "Are you her boyfriend?"

"Go away you brat! Why do you like to interrupt everything?" you scolded him.

He put his hands on his waist, "Nii-chan told me to look out for you, so I'm looking out!"

"God you're annoying," you sigh.

The little boy spoke, "Well you're lucky dad's not back yet! I wonder, how would he react if he finds out you came back this late, leaving me all alone at home?"

You glared daggers at your little brother. "What do you want?"

"Ice cream sounds great!" he replied.

You rolled your eyes, "Fine, now go inside, your presence is irritating."

Your little brother smiled victoriously but before he went back inside, he approached Iwaizumi. "Please don't hurt her, sir. It was awful the last time she had her heart broken."

Iwaizumi was dumbfounded, "Um, okay."

You scolded him, "Shut up!"

Your brother left and you had your hands buried in your face in embarrassment. "I'm sorry for my idiot little brother."

He chuckled, "Don't worry about it. He's just being protective."

"He's real annoying. But anyway, you should probably head back. You have a game tomorrow, after all, right?"

He nodded.

"Well, thanks for walking me home, Iwaizumi-san. I hope to see you again."

_____________________________

a/n

iwachan pls marry me thx