[11] Confessions

Iwaizumi had thought long and hard about the situation. He knew he had to ask you out, but the execution can't be that simple. Of course, it is just a question, but everything else that supports it – they way you word it, the timing, the supporting material – everything else matters too.

And because of that, he wasn't prepared to ask you out the next day. In fact, he avoided you, as he felt guilty for not preparing things yet.

But to you, it seemed as if Iwaizumi was avoiding you because he didn't feel the same way.

He did not come by your class during lunch as he usually would, and after waiting a solid 20 minutes, you knew he had just stood you up. It had been awhile since you had lunch outside, alone, and it hurt even worse when there was a broken heart accompanying you.

Even after that, when you spotted him on your way to the track as he was making his way to the gym for your respective club activities, he effectively ran away from your sight, averting his gaze and hoping you hadn't seen him. But you saw everything, and dear lord, it hurt.

But you told yourself you only had yourself to blame. You cursed yourself for thinking the perfect Iwaizumi Hajime could ever feel anything for you. But those moments: his stuttering, the way he blushed at your words, the way he would help you out in any way he could – you were convinced those were telltale signs that he felt the same way. And yet?

Perhaps, not.

That day, you went home without waiting for Iwaizumi.

You didn't even want to explain it to him, so you texted Oikawa instead.

To: Shittykawa

Tell Iwaizumi-san he doesn't have to worry about me anymore. I won't force my feelings down his throat. I'll stay out of his way.

And I'm sorry for ruining everything.

Oikawa was extremely confused by your text. Why did it sound like Iwaizumi had rejected you?

He immediately approached his wing spiker to interrogate him.

"Iwa-chan! What the hell did you do?!" he practically yelled in the clubroom.

"What do you mean?" Iwaizumi asked, unsure.

Oikawa rolled his eyes and showed him your text. "Looks like she thinks you rejected her!"

It took approximately 3 seconds for him to digest your words, pixellated on the screen of Oikawa's phone and like that, Iwaizumi's eyes widened.

"WHAT? But I didn't! I didn't say anything! I was avoiding her all throughout the day, ran away from her and– oh..."

He finally came to the realization that his actions had been misinterpreted, while Oikawa judgingly stared at him.

"You have to fix this! She's your only hope for not dying alone!" Oikawa exclaimed, causing Iwaizumi to headbutt Oikawa's face, effectively causing Oikawa's nose to bleed.

"Ow!"

Iwaizumi finally settled down and frowned, knowing that he had made a mistake. And if anything, he had to fix the situation fast before you decided to leave him for good.

~X•X•X~

After several times calling your phone and you not picking up, Iwaizumi decided to confront you right away by going to your house. He noticed your father's car wasn't present and so knew that you had to be alone with Takashi. At least he could make more noise without disturbing your father.