[12] Asking Out

"Seriously, you got flowers?" Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi with arms crossed, almost in judgment.

Despite already confessing to you, he still wanted to ask you out properly, and in that 'romantic' way he had always intended. He watched romantic movies beforehand and even looked up on the internet for a good way to ask someone out, when he recalled the first time you both met.

It was a simple gesture to just give someone a rose and say that they've done a good job, and yet that one gesture became the catalyst to the feeling that he feels towards you now.

And so, he decided to pick up a bouquet of flowers to give to you after class, when he would ask you out.

"You don't have to follow me, you know?" Iwaizumi told his best friend.

Oikawa scoffed, "Of course I do."

"No, really, I'm pretty confident now," he argued. After all, you both did share an amazing make out session just yesterday. The taste of your lips still lingered on on his mind, and he was so excited to make you his officially.

Oikawa shrugged, "Oh come on! I wanna witness the end product of my wingman work!"

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes, but even annoying Trashykawa couldn't get to him today, and so he allowed it.

As the school bell rang, Iwaizumi and Oikawa headed towards the second year floor and waited outside your class. His heart only raced faster and faster. His mind suddenly started clouding with bad thoughts.

Was this cheesy? What if she doesn't like it? What if she thinks this is embarrassing or over the top? What if she says no? Is it possible? OH GOD.

"Maybe this is a bad idea," he said, almost running away, but Oikawa stopped him, pushing him back in place.

This was a rare sight to see – Oikawa being the one in control.

"Iwa-chan, you really have nothing to worry about!"

Iwaizumi nodded slightly, although he couldn't help but shake, fiddling his fingers. He waited patiently, tapping his foot until he finally saw you in all your glory, coming outside class.

"I can't do it," Iwaizumi said, having trouble breathing.

Oikawa scolded, "You're such a wimp off court!" He took a deep breath as Oikawa called you, "(L/n)-chan~!"

You turned, seeing a cheerful Oikawa and what looked like a nervous Iwaizumi, hiding something behind his back.

You came forth towards them with a wide grin.

"Iwa-chan has something to ask you," Oikawa said shoving his best friend in your direction, causing him to stagger forward, almost losing balance.

After finding his footing, Iwaizumi finally braved himself and handed the bouquet, catching you completely off guard. "T-this is for you."

You grabbed the bouquet from his hands with a huge smile, "Thank you."

After what felt like forever, Oikawa elbowed Iwaizumi and gave him a knowing look.

Iwaizumi breathed again and nodded, finally turning to you and asking the question you had been waiting to hear.

"Would you like to go out with me sometime?"

You felt your heart bursting in happiness. It was so adorable that even after getting pretty comfortable with you yesterday, Iwaizumi was still rather nervous. If anything, his gesture just had you falling for him even more.

You teased him, "Like a hangout?"

He laughed, as did you. But your jokes calmed him down. "Like a date."

You didn't have to think much at all. The answer was simple.

Just a simple, "Yes."

______________________________

a/n

YASSSS BITCHES

i actually finished a book omg..
giving myself a pat on the back uwu

but if you don't already know i love to overwrite so i already drafted a bonus chapter for this book HFJFKFKF BUT JUST ONE OK

mad shoutout to one of my literal faves, iwaizumi hajime!! i love this boy so much i wanna die~!

in fact, my crush is a lot like how iwa is in this story; really well-mannered but he thinks kind of lowly of himself bc he's overshadowed by his overachiever twin who's generally smarter and more social than he is — istg i just want to hug him and tell him he deserves the world bc he does :'(

tbf i modelled oikawa based on my best friend in uni too HDJDKKDK ISTG he always threatens to snitch on me to my crush (the three of us are like a trio) and he legit found out abt my crush bc he caught me STARING TOO LONG and was like 'ok so u like him huh' *wiggles eyebrows*

wellllll—

do check out my other works if you haven't already!

and follow me for updates!! i already have drafts for a few more fluffy works yall might be interested in hehe

but who else should i make a ff for?

anyway i love u guys so much
thank you for supporting me!

till next time,
- indie