[4] The Third Day

a/n: i named your younger brother to make writing easier for me.

The next day, they lost.

It was a match with their leading rivals, Shiratorizawa, and they were defeated. The whole team's mood changed that day. Oikawa didn't even go greet his fans, and Iwaizumi tailed behind him, both not really wanting to meet anyone.

As Iwaizumi walked home that day, he passed by your house and for a moment, he wondered if you had come to the match. He was so engrossed in defeat that he didn't think for a second about anything else. He paused in his tracks, thinking about it, but as soon he took his steps again, your voice called him.

"Iwaizumi-san," you called from your gates. You had noticed him passing by from the window and immediately rushed outside to catch him.

"Oh, (l/n)-san," he said, sounding upset.

You could tell by his eyes, his expression and his voice that he was sad, and it was only normal to feel that way. You didn't blame him at all. You didn't blame him for leaving early even though you had wanted to see him after the match. You didn't blame him for the way he acted. And you didn't blame him for losing.

"I'm sorry," you said, unsure what else to say.

He chuckled darkly, "It's not your fault."

"Not yours either," you clarified.

He shrugged.

You clenched your fists, desperately wanting to do something, anything for him. So, you bravely asked, "Iwaizumi-san, would you like to join my family for dinner?"

He looked at you a little surprised.

You explained, "I recall you saying your parents aren't home and honestly, with your current state of mind, I don't think you should be alone."

Iwaizumi sighed, "Why do you care?"

"You're my friend," you said, to which he looked shocked by. "Okay, maybe friend is a bit of a stretch considering we've known each other for barely 3 days, but either way, I know how it feels to be alone, and you don't have to be."

Iwaizumi eyed you uncertainly. He didn't know what to make of it. He had always been the one who was responsible, the one taking care of others. He was always taking care of his friend, Oikawa, and even at home, his parents were barely around that he had learnt to take care of himself.

This feeling, of being taken care of, this was completely new.

"Please just say 'okay'," you begged.

He looked at you, having a hard time breathing. What is it with this girl?

But he did as he was told. And with a slight nod he said, "Okay."

Your grin stretched from ear to ear hearing that simple word and like that, you grabbed his wrist and quickly pulled him into your house. And again, he felt that electricity in your touch. It was just a touch, but it got him trembling inside.

~X•X•X~

"Oh, nee-chan, your boyfriend's here!" your younger brother exclaimed, pointing at Iwaizumi.

"Oi Takashi, no pointing! Stop being rude!" you scolded him.

He ran away immediately, calling, "Dad! (Y/n)-neechan brought a boy home!"

"Stop making it sound worse than it is!" you yelled.

Soon, your father came out, which caused Iwaizumi to stiffen. He eyed Iwaizumi from head to toe before stepping forward in a strict manner.