4. Are you a Banshee?

___

___

As I sat on the bench and watched Liam try to fix his mangled locker. He quickly ripped the door off its metal hinges and threw it under the bench, making me jump. He quickly sat down just as Corey and Mason walk into the boy's locker room.

I look at him with a pointed look as he prepared to lie to his friends.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Liam questions as he pretends to finish up tying one of his laces.

"Looking for you." Corey looks at Liam and after a beat, his gaze switches to me. "Who are you?"

"Eliza Jameson, I'm new here." Corey nods in response.

"History test? We need to study. You can come too, Eliza."

"Sure, I could definitely do with a bit of revision." I smiled at the boy.

"Yeah, right. That's probably a good idea since I have no idea what it's on." Liam looks to Corey as he tries to lean against the lockers, only, he leaned on the locker Liam had broken and stumbled.

I slightly push the locker door with my foot so it's more out of view.

"It's on Mussolini and the role of fear-baiting in the rise of fascism." Corey looks from the Locker to Liam with a confused look on his face as he spoke. "We can study together."

"Can we take the test together?" Liam jokes but before anyone could respond Mason spoke.

"Hey, guys." Mason nodded his head behind us, I turned my head and then noticed the trail of blood. Liam and I stood and all of us followed the trail, it leading us to the showers.

A weird skinless creature lay in a crimson pool. It had no facial features, just muscle. Beside it lay a helmet.

This was a person.

"Holy shit."
I picked the helmet up but I immediately dropped it as a freezing cold chill ran down my spine and my heart started to thump inside my chest. All of them looked at me strangely but most of all Liam, he could hear my heartbeat.
It was fear. All I could feel was fear.

___

"Library's empty."

"Gym too." Mason and Corey say, after running through the school looking for a missing student. Hoping that that thing in the locker room wasn't a student.

"Aaron is the only one we can't get a hold of." Liam panics.

"What if he's safe? That's possible, right?" I breathe heavily.

"It's possible, but not likely." Corey answers. I let out a huff.

"Anyone check the parking lot? See if his car's still there?" Mason offers.

"You guys go, I'll check the classrooms."
And, without hesitation the boys run for the doors of the school which lead to the parking lot, while I, run past multiple classrooms, peeking inside to see if anyone was there.
Then I saw an open door. Aaron sat at a desk with a book in front of him, but, he wasn't looking at the book, he was staring straight ahead.