9. Something more maybe?

___

___

Leaving my house the next morning wasn't quite as easy as one would assume. There was the slight problem of Monroe believing that all of us had left Beacon Hills, though we hadn't.

Liam had come to pick me up as he had devised a plan to trick the hunters into leaving their super-secure base so that Scott and the others could then break in.

"I didn't know he would be here." I spoke as I climbed in the back seat of the truck.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Theo looked at me in feigned shock.

"It means that I didn't know you were coming, or even Liams friend." I reached across to the cup holder and picked up a bag of mints and held it out to the two boys in the front seat "Mint?" They both said nothing and Theo began driving towards the abandoned zoo Liam had picked.

"Friend is a bit of an exaggeration." Liam replied bluntly.

"Something more maybe?" I said as I nudged both boys who immediately looked at me in disgust. I threw my hands in the air in surrender while chuckling at their awkward expressions. The two wouldn't even look at eachother for the rest of the ride over.

We were stopped outside of the abandoned zoo as another car pulled up behind us. We hopped out and Liam walked over to the driver. "How close is he?" He spoke to his friend.

"He's back down the road, don't look." Mason replied as Theo and I removed the sleeping bags and supplies from the trunk.

___

"So what? Do we just wait?" I sat down beside a broken wall as I was hushed by Theo. Both him and Liam hunched down beside another piece of broken wall.

"Where are they?" I heard the muffled voice of a man speaking from below.

"Inside the zoo. They're all here." I heard the voice of Nolan. "I-It's not just the two of you, is it?"

"What do you mean just?" The men seemed to not believe the stuttering boy that stood in front of them.

"It's not just a pack. Okay, t-there's an alpha and a banshee. They're all here."

"I don't see all them." The hunter said. "I don't see anyone."

"I-I saw Theo, Liam and Eliza bringing a car-full of food and supplies right here. There were at least six sleeping bags."

"Its just Nolan and two other guys. This isn't gonna work." Liam looked to us.

"Where's the back-up, shouldn't there be like twenty of them?" Theo shook his head.

"I mean they only saw us, and they're not going to believe Nolan." He sighed in response.

"Okay. Then they have to believe us." Theo spoke, I was about to respond when he shouted, cutting me off. "Isn't that right!"