10. Are you on drugs?

___

___

The Anuk-Ite is getting stronger and the people of Beacon Hills can feel it. The tension in the air is almost unbearable. I feel like my mind is trying to warn me but I just can't seem to understand it.

My powers are so unreliable, I feel utterly useless standing beside people with sharp claws and super hearing. My thoughts were interrupted by the shrill tone of my door bell.

"I got it!" I yell, and run down the stairs before my mother can open the door but much to my dismay, the door is already wide open. Liam Dunbar standing there chatting with my mother. "I said I got it." Liam's eyes met mine and gave me a small wave.

"I just wanted to know who your friend was." She smiled sweetly. I rolled my eyes in response and made my way into the kitchen to make myself a coffee.

"Come on in Liam." My mom invited the wolf in and he sat down at the table waiting for my mom to be out of earshot.

"What do you want?" The boy looks nervous as he sat down, inspecting his surroundings.

"Did you get my texts?"

"About Aaron? Yeah. But why are you at my house?"

"We're going back to school." The beta smiled innocently as I spun around to face the boy.

"School? Are you doing okay mentally? Why do you want to walk us both into a death trap?" I sat down on the chair across from him and took a sip of my coffee.

"You know that voicemail I was telling you about? Yeah, well turns out the woman speaking is our Biology teacher."

"Wow, really?  Interesting." Liam nodded in agreement. "But why do you need me there?"

"Muscle?" He tried, he sighed at my unconvinced gaze. "So, you may have realized I have been having a bit of trouble with my anger recently."

"No shit, you almost killed Nolan the other night, I'm surprised Theo got away okay." The boy looked ashamed. I sighed. "Fine, I'll go." The boy let out a breath of relief at my words, the anxiety he had felt was slowly melting away. But still, the forever lingering feeling of unease swirled around the room.

___

A strange sense of deja vu hit me as I pushed the double doors of the school open. Immediately, the eyes of the students that were lingering in the halls rested to Liam and I. The quiet murmurs of the teenagers around us filled the silent halls. Liam took a deep breath before walking forward, while I followed closely behind. A boy I recognized from my calc class stared at the both of us in disgust. I winked at him as we walked by earning a scoff from him.

We arrived at mrs. Finch's class and silently took our seats together. I could feel countless stares boring into my back as I focused on the blackboard. I look to my left as a bag is thrown down onto the table. Gabe takes a seat at the desk, solemn as ever.