8. Apparently you are a liability

___

___

"Show me!" Scott roared, shaking the bars of the cell. The two slowly looked up revealing their bright blue eyes. Scott sighed in response. "Open it." Scott looked to Liam, his hand hovered over the keycard machine as he glanced at Scott,almost as if he was asking the Alpha if he was sure. Scott nodded and Liam swiped the card.

"Tell me what happened." Scott said calmly as he looked at the two.

"They were hunters." Tierney sighed.

"If I'm asking my friends to risk their lives for you, then you have to tell me the truth." Scott walked closer to the two. "What happened?"

"Satomi didn't want to fight. We were on the run for two days, but they were everywhere. Then it was just us hiding in the storm drain while Satomi tried to talk to them."

"But they didn't want to talk. She died so we could keep running."

"And then what?"

"Then we stopped running, and we started hunting them instead."

"How?"

"Its not hard to use public records to find out where someone lives. All you need is a name."

"Were they the ones who killed Satomi, or Brett and Lori? Did you see them kill anyone?"

"Does it matter?"

"It does matter. You can't kill innocent people." Liam shouted.

"They murdered our whole pack!"

"What are you going to do?" Jiang looked up to the Alpha.

"I don't know." He breathed.

___

I stood at the vending machine and put a dollar inside it, I was tired and I needed energy. After using my powers earlier I felt drained, maybe because I had only eaten breakfast today, maybe because I have never tried to access a person's memory before.
The metal spring inside the machine moved, but my protein bar didn't.

"Shit."

"Need some help?" I looked behind me to see the boy from earlier with the light brown hair, looking smug as ever.

"No, thanks." I answered dryly. The boy sighed and walked over to the vending machine and lightly hit it. The bar slipped from it's spot and fell to the bottom of the machine.

"Who are you?" The boy asked.

"Who are you?" He looked bored by my answer.

"Answering a question with a question, classic." He looked at me. "I'm Theo."

"They don't seem to like you, Theo." I smirked at him and he mirrored my expression.

"I get that a lot. We have a bit of a rough history. But, I have never heard of you."