Chapter 10

"Mom, can I talk to you?" Mrs. Lowel looked up.

"Of course! What is it about?"

"When you were gone, you know we had the party right before you came back," Mrs. Lowel nodded, urging her to continue. "Well, after the party, James and I kissed." Hailey looked nervously at her mother.

"And I'm assuming you're dating now?"

"No, because he won't bring it up with me. Well, he did try to, but that was when you guys came home, so we haven't really discussed it."

"Do you like him?"

Hailey blushed.

"Yes."

"Then you should talk to him. I know he likes you, dear. Just know you have my permission to date him when one of you finally works up the courage to talk about it."

"Thanks mom. And do you think you could bring this up with dad? Preferably when I'm not home?"

"You got it."

~~~~~~~~

"Dad?" Mr. Potter looked up from his newspaper.

"Yes?"

"So Hailey and I kissed a little while ago, and now I don't know how to talk to her about it."

"Well, what's stopping you from bringing it up with her?"

"I'm nervous she didn't mean it. Like, what if she just kissed me as a reaction to me kissing her, and now she knows I like her, but she doesn't like me?"

Mr. Potter laughed.

"I don't think that's how she feels, James. But your mother and I agree that you and Hailey are allowed to date, so when you finally do bring it up with her, you have our permission."

"Thank you? Why were discussing my love life with mom? And why was Hailey involved?"

"You're not quite as slick as you thought, James. It's been painfully obvious that you two like each other for about a year now. You also wrote your mother to tell her that you thought you liked her earlier this year. That's part of the reason you two stayed together while we were gone."

"Dad!"

~~~~~~~~

"Mate, my parents are playing matchmaker with Hailey and I. That's weird."

"Yeah, but it's not too bad. You could be kicked out of the house and disowned. That would really suck." Sirius casually threw a rubber ball in the air and caught it again.

James turned to him.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. Do you want to talk about something else?"

Sirius smirked.

"No, I just wanted to make you feel bad. It was pretty funny too."

James threw a book at him.

"But what do you think I should do about it?"

"Talk to her. Is this really a question you have?"

"Yeah but I'm nervous."

"Whatever. You wanna play quidditch?"

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sirius, I really need your help. We see each other like once a week, and he won't talk to me about it. What am I supposed to do?"

Sirius looked at her.

"Talk to him. I told him the same thing, but I'm sure neither of you are going to."

Hailey sat up.

"Wait, he asked you about it too? Was he actually interested, or was he just bored and it came up?"

"Merlin." Sirius sat up and ran his hands through his hair. "Hailey. He likes you, like a ton. And you like him, like a ton. So, you need to talk. It's not that difficult. We're sixteen. This is way too complex. This kiss has been keeping you both up at night, and you're bugging the hell out of me, so work it out."

"Are you sure he likes me? Like a lot?"

"Hailey!" Sirius fell back on the bed and put a pillow over his face.