Chapter 11

Back to school

Hailey sighed. She was going back to school tomorrow. The rest of the summer had gone by in a flash. Sirius had switched between Remus, James, and Hailey's houses for the rest of break, ensuring that no one was bored for too long. Though he had complained that Remus's parents didn't trust the two of them, Hailey knew he secretly loved having adults that supported him and treated him like any other teenager.

"Hailey!"

Hailey poked her head out of her door.

"Yes?"

"James is here."

Hailey ran down the stairs and jumped on James's back. She loved when his parents came over for work, because they always brought James and sometimes Sirius to keep Hailey company. Things had gone back to normal, but there was still a little awkward tension between James and Hailey. They still hadn't talked about the kiss, though Hailey wanted to. She had decided that she would give him until the end of vacation, and then she was taking matters into her own hands. So far, it looked like she was going to be bringing it up at school.

James groaned.

"You're too heavy."

Hailey stuck out her tongue.

"Maybe you're just too weak."

James rolled his eyes.

"You two can head upstairs if you'd like. We have some things to discuss."

James and Hailey raced up the stairs and into Hailey's room.

"So, back to school tomorrow. There's a prank to be planned." James grinned at Hailey.

"Indeed. I'm assuming it can't wait until we're with Sirius and Remus?"

James scoffed.

"Not a chance. They're probably busy currently with relationship things."

Hailey laughed.

"How bothersome."

~~~~~~~

"I promise I'll write, Mum. Just like I do every year."

"I know dear, I'll just miss you."

"I'll miss you too. I've got to get on the train before it leaves though."

Mrs. Lowel gave her daughter one last hug.

"I'll see you for Christmas break."

"Bye Mum, bye Dad."

Hailey waved to her parents and went to find her friends' compartment on the train. As she walked towards the back of the train, she bumped into someone and fell onto the ground. When she looked up, she found Amos Diggory looking down at her.

"Hi, Amos." Hailey forced a smile.

"Hey, Holly, is it? You've grown up." Hailey noticed his eyes travel down her body. She pulled her shirt up to cover as much of her collarbones as possible.

"Hailey, and yes, that's what happens to people as years go by."

Amos laughed and offered her his arm.

"Well, it's good to see you, Hailey." He winked and walked away. Hailey shuddered and continued towards the compartment.

"Hailey!"

Hailey turned to see Lily and Marlene.

"Hey guys!"

Marlene looked at her.