Chapter 31

End-of-the-year party

"What about these?" Hailey held up a pair of bell-bottomed jeans. James shook his head.

"Hailey, don't you own a regular pair of jeans?"

Hailey laughed.

"Depends on what you consider normal. I have skinny jeans, mom jeans, and bell-bottoms."

James sighed.

"Let me see." James rummaged through her drawer. "See? You have this pair! These are normal!"

"James, those are yours. And I only wear them with tank tops or crop tops. Take your pick."

"I'll wear the tank top."

Hailey smiled.

"Let me enlarge everything so they fit you like they fit me."

James sat on Hailey's bed as she cast a charm to make her clothes fit him. The party was in an hour, and James had put off his "costume" until the last second, making himself busy every time Hailey approached him about it. Finally, she had cornered him and told him he had to get ready or everything would be ruined, and he allowed her to take him to her dorm to get ready.

"There, try those on. And then we have to do makeup, and Marlene said we could use one of her wigs." Hailey smirked and turned around while James changed. James groaned.

"Is that necessary?"

"How accurate do you want to look?"

"Understood. You can turn around now."

Hailey turned and suppressed a smile.

"You look nice. Just like me, but less attractive."

"I'm the most attractive girl you've ever seen, you can't deny it."

Hailey kissed him.

"Besides me, you mean."

"Of course."

"Alright, let's do makeup. I'm not going to do anything crazy, but you need something."

James sat in the chair in front of the vanity, and Hailey grabbed a few things from her trunk. She sat on his lap and pulled out mascara. James backed his head up until he was as far away from Hailey's hand as possible.

"You're not putting that near my eyes."

"It's not bad, I know how to do it. Just open your eyes wide and let me do the work."

James opened his eyes and flinched as she drew closer.

"Hold still! It won't hurt, I promise."

"Fine, but if I get hurt because of this, I will not forgive you."

Hailey rolled her eyes.

"I left out the eyelash curler already, we have to do this."

Slowly, Hailey put the mascara on, working around James's blinking and flinching.

"We're all done with that, now you just have to do bronzer and chapstick." Hailey pulled out her bronzer and a brush.

"Do you really wear that?"

"Not that often, but you're a lot paler than I am, as you might have noticed. We might as well give you a little bit of color." Hailey finished and handed James chapstick to put on.

"All done. You look beautiful." She grabbed the wig that looked most like her hair and enlarged it slightly. She pulled it onto James's head and snorted.