Chapter 19

I love you

Hailey leaned her head against James as they danced. She loved being with James, and it was times like these that reminded her how much she loved him.

"Hailey?"

Hailey hummed in reply.

"You know when you want to tell someone something, and you feel like they deserve to know, but you're nervous about how they're going to react?"

Hailey looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah,"

"How do you deal with that?"

Hailey tilted her head.

"Well, I guess the only real option is to tell them, and if they turn you away because of something you said, then they don't deserve you."

James nodded.

"I guess you're right. Thanks, Hails."

The song ended, and Hailey and James headed back to the table with their friends.

"Where are Marlene and Gideon?" Hailey looked around the room for her friends.

Fabian laughed.

"They disappeared about halfway through the song. Seemed like they were in a rush to get out of here. I'm not going back to our dorm until I have to."

Hailey grimaced and looked at James.

"I'm staying in your dorm tonight. I have no interest in seeing Marlene and Gideon shag."

James kissed her head.

"Sounds good to me."

Remus groaned.

"I do not want you two in the same bed. You talk all night."

Sirius shook his head.

"Think about the other choice. Do we really want them talking across the room? They can sleep in the same bed. I don't care."

Remus nodded.

"That's true."

Lily and Regulus looked amused.

"Do you mind if I stay in your dorm for a little while? Just until it's safe." Lily shivered at the thought of walking in on her friends. Sirius and Remus nodded.

"That's fine with us."

"Thanks. And we won't leave the dance for a while anyways, so I won't be a burden."

"You're not a burden. Sean's bed is always empty, so you can stay the night if it gets too late. It's not like Hailey takes it anymore."

Hailey looked at Sirius and stuck out her tongue.

"It's not like we're having sex. I think you can deal with us."

"But this isn't a fling, so we're stuck with you two for the foreseeable future."

Hailey rolled her eyes.

"You're such a baby. We have to deal with you and Remus too. And your breakups, which happen at least once a week."

James nodded.

"I feel like I deserve to be a licensed therapist at this point."

"We haven't broken up this week! And it's not every week. It's not even that often."

Everyone, including Remus, looked at him skeptically.

"We do break up almost every week. You can't get mad at the facts, Sirius."