Epilogue*

7 Years Later

10 year old Jaehyuk looked up from his phone as he was called into the meeting room where all kids get adopted.

" I told you already, I don't want to get adopted-"

" I'm sure that you do want to get adopted by these people." The worker smiled at him.

Jaehyuk huffed but went allong with it anyway.

He was pretty sure that he wouldn't want to be adopted by whoever was out there. After all, he did promise his dad that he would wait for him. And after seven years, he still had that hope, that he'd come back.

He couldn't remember his mum and dad's faces, but he knew that he'd recognize their voice.

-

You looked at your husband nervously.

What if he wouldn't recognize either of you?

" He'll know who we are." Yoongi wishpered comfortingly.

You gave him a small smile and nodded, holding his hand tightly.

After what Yoongi asked you all those years ago, the two of you set your plan to work. But to take care of a child, you needed money. Yoongi tried to pull trough the training and become Seesaw Inc's next ceo, but he was very unhappy with it and barely had any time left for you, let go a child. After doing training for around four months, he quit. His father was furious and therefore kicked him out. Your family took him in and the two of you started looking for actual jobs to pull trough. You ended up becoming the manager of a restaurant, and in the end, Yoongi found a stable job as organizer in a concert hall. The two of you moved out of your home after two years, and moved again in a home where you'd want to raise a child last year. You two got married two years ago, and had a very stable relationship.

You originally came to adopt both Jaehyuk and Naeun, the toddler and little baby you took care of. But when you arrived today to ask both of them, Naeun was already adopted a few years prior. You understood and heard about how Jaehyuk was 'returned' a lot. Apparently Yoongi had made him promise that he'd come back for him. When you looked at Yoongi with a face for confirmation he smiled and shrugged.

" I knew that I would end up getting married to you anyway." Yoongi had shrugged with a smile.

The door opened to the 'meeting room' where the kids would meet their parents and you and Yoongi held your breath.

Jaehyuk stepped trough, and altough he certainly grew up, he had the same soft eyes which you could recognise everywhere. He had grown a lot taller, he now almost reached your shoulder, and you were sure that he would end up outgrowing Yoongi at some point.

Jaehyuk squinted his eyes at the both of you in confusion. You two looked so familiar in his eyes, he just couldn't remember from what.

" Do I know you?" Jaehyuk asked you two as you gasped with tears, overcome with emotions.

" Hey Hyukie." Yoongi greeted him softly.

" Hey Hyukie, I need you to promise me something. I know that you don't want to leave. And we don't want you to leave either, so can you wait for us?"

Jaehyuk remembered himself nod at the question.

" If you'll meet better people than us, don't feel afraid to go with them if they want to adopt you. But if you don't, please wait for us. Can you promise me that?"

Jaehyuk touched the ring on the necklace around his neck, holding eye contact with the familiar man as he took it off and showed this to him.

" This is yours, isn't it?" Jaehyuk asked, showcasing the ring.

Yoongi smiled with tears in his eyes, he remembered.

" I promised you I'd come back for you didn't I?" Yoongi smiled softly.

Tears gathered in Jaehyuk's eyes.

" Dad!" The boy yelled, throwing himself in his father's arms.

Yoongis started crying as he hugged his son back before opening one of his arms and motioned for you to join the hug.

You did so with tears also running down your face, and Jaehyuk recognised your touch within seconds.

" Mum!" He said, tough it was muffled by you and Yoongi's shirt.

Yoongi sniffed and smiled at the same time while looking at the both of you. He had never felt so happy before.Overall, he's happy that you believed in him. You, who believed in his words when he told you he'd help you with baby Naeun after too long. You, who said no to the most popular boy in the school because you felt more comfortable with him. You, who didn't back down when his father disapproved of you and refused to leave him. You, who took him in after he went broke. You, who married him, and promised to never leave his side. And now it's still you, who will raise his child with him.

Yoongi smiled as he pecked Jaehyuk's forehead before pecking you on the lips.

" Thank you."

[ A/N: Sifaocjwkz, I'm proud of this ending to be honest.]