t h r e e

"I guess this is what Paige meant about group A."

"What's wrong with him?"

"Who?"

"That one." Suejin felt her hand point to a boy in the corner. He looked vaguely familiar. He was crying by himself.

"Oh him? He's been that way ever since they brought him here."

"He has a younger sister right? In Group B."

"Uh-huh."

"And they can't see each other anymore, right?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"I had two younger sisters." Suejin felt a heavy ache at the pit of her stomach. "They're probably dead by now."

Silence.

"What I mean is, not all of us are strong enough. Not all of us can just move on."

More silence.

"If my sisters had any chance of being alive, or were, I'd do anything to see them."

"What, are you saying we help this guy break in to Group B or something?"

"Something like that."

"God, you are impossible sometimes."

Suejin felt herself smile. "I know."

"Wake up! Wake up!"

Disoriented, Suejin opened her eyes to the bright sunlight.

"You don't want to miss your first day, do ya?" Flo hovered over her, smiling enthusiastically.

Suejin pulled the thin blanket tighter around her shoulders. "Do I have to get up?" She mumbled. She had just been in the middle of a very deep dream. It had felt so real, like it had just happened moments ago. Yet once again, no matter how much she tried to remember something, nothing came back to her.

Flo pulled back the blanket and giggled. "Yes, sleepyhead."

Suejin groaned. "Fine." She slowly got up and yawned.

"Here." Flo tossed a bundle of clothes into Suejin's lap. "These are some of my clothes and some other things. You can get washed up downstairs. Because well—" She broke into a mischievous grin. "You look pretty terrible."

"Ha-ha," she mumbled, still disoriented from sleep.

Flo got up. "I have cooking duties to attend to. Newt'l meet you in about ten minutes outside." She walked to the door and smiled at Suejin. "I'm so glad there's another girl here."

Suejin returned the smile. "Same."

"See you later!"

After Flo left, Suejin decided to get ready. She went downstairs and found the bathrooms. Thankfully, everyone else seemed to be working, so she was alone. She went in one of the stalls and carefully shut the door. She uncovered the bundle, revealing a simple red shirt and some dark jean shorts. She held up the shorts and gulped. They were a little to short for her liking. She considered re-wearing the jeans from yesterday again, but they needed to be washed after she had stepped into that murky pond yesterday.

  She sighed. These would just have to do.

There was also a hair comb and some toiletries in the bundle as well. She quickly cleaned herself up, put her old clothes back on her bed, and stepped outside.