3

Wonwoo started getting close to Chan, despite the boy being younger than he is. He was always optimistic, but not like Soonyoung crazy.

Although the school year barely started, Jeonghan wanted to host a dinner with all 13 people for a "have fun in school" kind of meal.

They all agreed. Seokmin confessed to Jisoo today at school, before the dinner. Jeonghan wanted to stop him because he didn't know what would happen and did not want the dinner to be ruined. But Seokmin confessed anyway.

Jisoo was still trying to confirm his feelings so he didn't give Seokmin an official answer yet, but the boy was still happy that Jisoo didn't reject him. But what was more weird was that they were not awkward around each other, it was still the typical Seokmin talking about random things and Jisoo listening.

It was finally time for the dinner and Wonwoo, per usual, arrived with Minghao and Soonyoung, but Chan wanted to tag along because Wonwoo was there.

"I feel like you overdressed Minghao." Wonwoo sighed.

"There is no such thing as overdressing. As long as I look better than you rats." Minghao pinched his nose jokingly and laughed.

Soonyoung opened up to Chan about his passion for dancing and Chan was listening carefully and trying to keep up with the hyper boy's talking. But Soonyoung got more hyper as he found out that Chan was also interested in dancing and so they could go have some lessons some time.

Jeonghan's house was really neat and cozy. It didn't feel overwhelming at all and they immediately felt welcomed.

They were the last ones to arrive and Jeonghan and Mingyu were in the kitchen, busy preparing the food with aprons around them. The boys were all hyper and loud. It felt like 7 conversations were being talked over each other. Wonwoo just stuck with himself because he didn't know what to talk about, and his friends seemed "busy" so he did not want to pull them out just so they could be with him. He didn't feel uncomfortable, as he was more of the listening kind anyway.

"Come in children. Food is ready." Jeonghan cheered.

"Drink water please guys. The school year just started." Jisoo said and everyone rolled their eyes while laughing.

Chan wanted to sit next to Wonwoo and so the two were seated near the end of the dinner table. Not surprisingly, Mingyu sat across from him.

Everyone was eating and Mingyu kept throwing glances at Wonwoo. He noticed, but didn't react. He and Chan were just talking about their school life.

The pasta was really good and all of it was gone. But again, those 13 boys can eat up everything in a buffet.

Jeonghan said that he would do the dishes and Wonwoo offered to help, because he didn't want to be listening to conversations anyway without saying anything.

"You've been okay since the incident right?" Jeonghan brought up as they were washing the plates.

Wonwoo paused for a moment and thought about what had happened near the end of his junior year.

Minhyuk. The name lingered there in his head.

"To be honest, I've been doing okay but I still think about once in a while."

Jeonghan nodded.

"Always come to me if anything happens, I'm sure I'll know what to do to help you as I was guiding you through all that anyway." Jeonghan gave him a loving smile and he nodded.

"How are you and Seungcheol doing?"

"Ah just the usual. Eat. Sleep. Kiss. School. Just all that repeated in different orders. Not to forget, keeping you children in check." Both chuckled for a bit.

Wonwoo had always been so thankful for Jeonghan. He had helped him so much after his incident with Minhyuk and helped him recover. So he always tried to help out Jeonghan out as much as possible as a small way of saying thank you.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol waved at the kids as they were leaving and Mingyu walked up to Wonwoo.

"Hey Wonwoo." Mingyu smiled.

Wonwoo tried to keep his cold demeanor on and just looked at him.

"Do you want to maybe go get coffee tomorrow and then do something else after?" Mingyu smirked.

Wonwoo just stared blankly and turned around to leave with Soonyoung, Chan, and Minghao as they were calling his name.