seven.

Katherines POV

I pull into Billies driveway, putting the car in park.

I'm probably gonna have to wait for her, she's slow.

I pick up my phone to tell her I'm here, but as I go to send the text, my car door opens, and she plops in the front seat.

"Well, hi." I say, greeting her with a smile.

"Hi." She replies back, smiling just as wide. She rolls her eyes playfully, leaning over to kiss me. "Are casual kisses too much?"

"Not at all."

I switch gears, reversing out of her driveway.

"Music?" She says, gesturing towards the aux cord.

"Of course."

She puts on the playlist we used to listen in the car every time we drive, and I know that because she always forgets to shuffle it, so the first song is always the same.

I click the shuffle button on my radio screen, and she laughs realizing I noticed.

"I knew you'd notice immediately."

"So you chose not to shuffle it, hm?"

She just laughs in response.

I know I say this every time, but her laugh is so fucking cute.

"So, what's the plans for tonight?" She says, turning down the music as she talks.

"Anything you want."

"Anything?" She says, suggestively.

"Hm, depends on how nice you are to me."

"I'm never mean."

That's funny.

We continue driving, until she notices I'm not going the way towards my house.

"You took a wrong turn."

"No, I didn't." I laugh, which alarms her.

"Are you kidnapping me? Because if so, I'm down. But, atleast tell me first."

"No, I'm not kidnapping you. Just shush and let me do nice things for you."

And, she listened. She didn't talk for the rest of the car ride besides the times when she'd jam out and scream some song lyrics.

I pull into a sketchy parking lot full of cars, but I make sure to park in the back so she doesn't see where we are.

"I'll be back." I say, opening the car door.

She frowns as I step out, so I bend over the console, giving her a kiss.

She smiles, as I shut the car door.

I walk around the building, opening the door to the shop.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The brunette lady at the front desk asks with a sweet, southern accent.

Definitely not from here.

"Yes, I made an order about an hour ago, I came to pick it up." I smile, taking my credit card out. "The name is Katherine Smith."

"Oh, right here!" She says, handing me a bag.

I hand her my credit card, putting the bag on my arm.

She hands it back to me, smiling sweetly once again.

"Your boyfriends gonna love those." She says, waving goodbye.

"Girlfriend." I say, walking from the counter. "Have a nice day!"

I walk out of the shop, but this time going to the store beside it.

I picked up a few items, leaving as quickly as I could.

I walk back around the building, unlocking my car as I near it, popping the trunk as well.

I put the bags in the trunk, making sure you couldn't see anything poking out of them.

"Perfect." I say, slamming the trunk back closed.

"Hi, love." I say, sitting back comfortably in my seat.

She looks up from her phone, giving me a cute smile.

"Hi, there." She chuckles, "So, did you just go in for the fun of it and not even get me anything?"

"Nice try, it's in the trunk." I say, starting the car again.

"You're so mean." She says, grabbing my hand so she can hold it while I drive.

I love when she does that.

We drive around for a little bit just listening to music. Everyone once in a while she uses our intertwined hands as a microphone, and I think I fall in love every single time she does it. Especially when she shifts herself in her seat to face me and she raps certain lyrics, making it hard to keep my eyes on the road.

Dangerous, but cute.

We eventually stop driving around in random areas once it got dark, and we drive back to my house.

"That was fun." I say, as I put the park in drive once we reach my house.

"What, me singing to you for thirty minutes?"

"Yes. My favorite thing."

"You're stupid." She says, giggling as she gets out. She runs to the trunk to try to peak, not realizing it's locked.

"Nice try. Go inside, you know where to go." I say, putting a hand on the top of the trunk, blocking it.

She rolls her eyes, slouching as she walks to the front door. She looks at me softly before going in, and she laughs as she closes the screen.

I grab both bags, putting the things from the clear plastic bag into the brown paper bag. I grab the bag, closing the trunk as I walk away, locking it.

"Hey dad." I say, walking in.

My dads been doing really good. He stopped drinking and started shaving and taking care of himself. I'm proud of him.

"Hey baby." He says, laughing. Billie is sitting next to him, so I guess they're were talking before I came in.

"Just catching up." She says, waving me goodbye.

It's good that she's in the living room though, because it gives me time to prepare everything.

I lock the door behind me so she doesn't come in, and I take the things out of the bag one by one, placing them on my bed.

I hear them laughing in the living room, which brings a smile to my face. I love that he likes her.

I smile as I see everything spread out on the bed. It looked perfect. She's gonna love it, even though she says she isn't soft. I know she is. I've seen her being soft more than I think anybody has.

And I love that.

"Bab-" I stop myself, realizing she's with my dad. "Billie!" I yell, and I immediately hear her footsteps.

I reach over to unlock the door, as she opens it.

I stand in the doorway, blocking her view.
She moves me over, gasping and smiling at everything laid out.

And then she shed some tears.