twelve.

Billies POV

I stand in front of Katherine, smiling, staring into her eyes.

I start to talk, taking her hand.

"I've loved you for as long as I know. And, I know we just started talking again. I know this is soon as hell. Like, extra fucking early. But-"

She looks at me, almost confused.

"If you get down on one knee right now I'm going to punch you." She says, laughing. It's obvious she has tears in her eyes.

I laugh in response, shaking my head.

"I love you. You know that. You know I love you more than anything. To neptune and back." I start to tear up. "This isn't as serious as you think, I swear."

"Okay, good." She sighed with relief. "I genuinely thought you were about to propose."

"Not yet." I say, and she rolls her eyes in response.

"Last time I waited months, but I'm not doing that this time. So, Katherine, will you be my girlfriend? I promise I won't fuck it up this time."

She laughs, kissing me softly.

"Of course, ugly."

I laugh in almost relief. I genuine wasn't sure what her answer was even going to be.

I smile at her, slightly pushing her arm away, and then grabbing her hand when she walks back towards me.

"Let's go ride a few more rides so we can head home. The sun is coming up." She says, walking towards her favorite ride.

~

"I think I should post this one." Katherine says, showing me the picture from her camera roll.

We've been sitting in the car for twenty minutes trying to decide which pictures she wants to post.

"Okay, I'm posting that one." She says, as I get a ding on my phone.

"You still have my notifs on." She says, smiling.

"Never turned em' off."

katherinesmth: i basically got married today221 comments

221 comments...
baebladebil: damn, billie proposing already
atlbillie: THEY WENT TO DISNEY?

"The fans really just never give you a break do they?" I say, looking at the comments.

"Oh, they never did." She says, clicking her phone off.

I laugh, typing my own comment.

"Maybe let's not do that." Katherine says, setting my phone down. "There was just drama with us, don't feed into it babe."

She starts the engine to her car, turning around to see if she was free to back out of the parking space.

But while she's driving, I still comment.

"y'all think i'm the bride but i'm just the priest."

Something that makes absolutely no sense. The fans go crazy for that shit.

Katherine's phone rings, and she looks down to see it's a phone number, instead of a contact. So, she doesn't answer.

And it rings again. Same number.

"Hello?" She says, putting the phone in speaker so she can drive.

A man with a deep, familiar voice begins speaking.

"Hi. This is Detective Gray. Is this Katherine?"

My face shifts, and we both look at each other.

"Uh, yes."

"Are you available to come into my office for questioning? About the Kira McLay case?"

"Yes of course. But, that case was months ago."

"It was never fully covered." He says. "My office number is 2213, please come in by 9:30AM tomorrow."

And then the phone hangs up.

"What the fuck." Katherine says, looking over at me as she turns into a parking lot. "They never finished the case."

She sighs, parking into a random parking spot, laying her head on the steering wheel.

"I forgot all of that even happened." She says, looking at me.

I can tell she needs comfort. I reach over, embracing her. so feel her collapse in my arms, letting out a sob.

"Baby." I say, hugging her tighter.

She looks up at me, tears forming in her eyes.

"The last thing they said to me was that underage drinking is a crime. What if I go to jail and she gets let off?"

"I won't let that happen." I say, resting my chin on her head, wrapping my arms around her again.

And then my phone rings.

Katherine lifts her head from my shoulder, looking at the number.

"That's the same number." She says.

I answer, and I'm greeted by the same voice.

"Hello, is this Billie O'Connell?" He says, and I reply with a simple "Yes."

And he repeats the same things. He asks me to come into questioning by 8:30AM, and I accept.

And then he hangs up.

"Why do you have to come in before me?" She asks, wiping her face.

"I dont know. But, I'll tell you everything he says. I promise." She smiles as that, and she runs her fingers around the palm of my hand.

"We got this. We're in this together." She says, kissing my cheek.

I'm so in love.

A/N:

hiii i'm sorry this chapter is so short:( but a lot happened so hopefulllyyy u can forgive me. live u all and thank u for sticking around. MWAH