fourteen.

Katherines POV

I wave goodbye to Billie as she gets out of the car, smiling.

I hope this goes well.

I walk around to the other side of the car, dangling the keys on my index fingers as I open the car door.

I move the seat up, while starting the car and turning the radio on.

My phone rings, and the name on my phone is surprising. But, I'm not entirely mad about it.

"Yo." I hear coming from the speaker as I back out of the parking spot that I was in.

"Hey." I reply.

We continue conversation for a while, all the way until I get back to my house to pick up some clothes and my toothbrush.

"Hey I gotta go, I'm in a rush right now." I say, throwing some stuff from my bathroom into my purse.

"Alright, bye." She says, hanging up.

And then the name "Madison" disappears from my phone again.

I walk into my room, taking the things from my purse and setting them on the bed while I grab an overnight bag.

Billie doesn't know I'm staying at her house tonight but that's okay. Maggie is always okay with it.

And plus, Billie never says no.

I throw everything in bed bag, and then place the straps on my shoulder as I walk back to the bathroom.

I have about ten minutes to spare, so I throw on some makeup to enhance my face.

Or to just look prettier.

It doesn't take me long, I've been doing the same thing for years now.

I finish quickly, putting everything back in it's place.

I run back to my room for good lighting, since the sun is out today. I take out my phone, looking through filters on snapchat to use. I feel decent looking today.

I post the picture quickly without really any look at it

I post the picture quickly without really any look at it. Even though the filter made my face look a little weird. And then, I head back out the door.

A black car sits in my driveway, and it's not the one I drive here in.

Madison's car.

"Hey." She says, hanging her head out of her window with sunglasses on, smiling hard.

This isn't a good time.

"Hi?" I walk down my porch steps, kicking rocks as I walk to her car. "I don't recall telling you to come over." I say, which just makes her laugh.

I didn't realize I said anything funny.

"Get in the car." She says, unlocking the car doors.

Click.

I scoff, walking over to Billie's car, getting in the front seat. I reach for the seatbelt, clicking it into the buckle.

And when I look back up, she's standing beside my passenger seat window, leaning over.

"I see you got your old girls car. That's interesting."

She was slurring her words and kind of acting funny.

"Are you high?" I say, rolling the window down so she could hear me.

"Nah. I'm drunk. And I did a little bump but not too much."

God, I hate her.

"Look, I have to go. I cant do this with you right now." I say, starting the engine.

I guess she reached into the car and unlocked the door without me realizing, because next thing I knew, she was opening the door, plopping herself down into the seat.

"Dude. Madison, I actually cannot do this right now. I have to go in for questioning." I say, but she doesn't fully listen.

"Trust me, I know. That's why I'm here." She laughs.

That's all she's been doing.

"And you're gonna listen to what I tell you to say, okay?"

"No. I'm not." I reply back, which lands her hand on my face forcefully.

She reaches down to her waistline, lifting her shirt up to show a gun as she forces my face down to look at it.

"Yeah, you are."

And my eyes filled with fear.

"Yeah, baby. I bet you'll listen now."

She puts her arm out the window as I drive, and tells me everything I need to say.

"Your girl Billie has done some shit. She's lied to the cops. And I'm not really happy about that." She pauses. "So you're gonna tell this officer that the situation never happened."

"I cant do that." I stutter.

I'm fucking terrified.

"Oh, but you will. You're gonna tell them that the night of the incident, your dad got drunk again. And he hit you."

"My dad was asleep that entire night."

"There's no proof of that."

I swiftly turn into Madison's house. I didn't tell her I was coming here, but I couldn't take her to the station with me.

"You need to go. You can't go to a police station with me when you're crossed. Also, Billie can't know about this interaction."

My phone rings, and her beautiful face comes across my screen.

Speaking of Billie.

"Don't answer that." Madison says, pressing her hands against the open window.

"Remember our deal. Because if Kira gets arrested. I will too. For fucking murder."

My entire body shudders.

"Got you." I say, rolling the window back up.

As she walks to her front door, she takes her gun out of her waistline, pointing it at me, imitating shooting.

Oh my god.

I call Billie back, but before I do, I realize what time it is.
9:15

Shit, I'm late.

This isn't gonna look good.

"Hey babe." I say, trying to collect my thoughts.

"Hey, uh, you need to get here right now." She says. She seems stressed. "Like, urgent."

"I'm almost there. I lost track of time and did my makeup." I say, making up excuses.

I mean, I did do my makeup.

"Okay, I love you. Just hurry."

I hang up, speeding to the station.

Probably not the best idea. But the car is made for speed, so.

I pull into the station at a normal speed, parking as fast as I could.

Billie's standing outside, with her hands on her temples.

She looks like she's crying.

"I don't have time to tell you what to say but please, please tell the truth." She says, pointing for me to go inside.

"Okay."