seventeen.

Billie's POV:

My phone rings, waking both me and Katherine up from a quick nap.

The same number that called two days ago, Detective Gray.

Finally.

I sit up from the bed, walking outside my bedroom, closing the door so Katherine couldn't hear.

"Yo." I say, pretending to not know I was talking to someone professional.

"Mrs. O'Connell?"

"This is she." I say, almost sarcastically. Maybe I should start being serious.

"Please come into my office today before 6pm. You and Katherine Smith."

He was talking sternly. He seemed annoyed with us, always having us in his office. But, that's how I knew my plan had worked.

"Yes sir. What for? We just came in yesterday." I say, definitely acting. I knew exactly why.

"We have some more evidence and data for this case."

I smile, and reply with a small, "Oh, alright," followed by me hanging up.

I check the time on my phone, smiling at my lock screen, getting distracted.

Katherine is so pretty.

I snap out of it, looking at the time again.

4:34pm.

Not much time.

I turn around, opening the door, to see Katherine standing right beside the door, removing her ear from the frame.

She was definitely eavesdropping.

"Well hi there, love." I say, giggling at her failed attempt to hide the fact that she was listening.

"Hi." She says, shyly. "What was that about?"

"Detective Grays office, by 6pm."

"Both of us?"

She seemed scared when she said that. I could tell she was worried about being sent off somewhere or going to jail. I had to tell her what was going on now.

"Nothing to worry about. I promise." I take her hand, sitting us both down on the bed. "I figured some things out."

I proceeded to tell her what my plan was and how it went through.

I paid a dude to pay Madison to get someone to secretly record Kira talking about the situation. She'd tell her friends the truth.

Madison didn't even hesitate when she heard the amount of money she was gonna be paid. I guess selling out your friend doesn't matter when $15k is thrown in the equation.

It was all the same story that we both told before, the complete truth. Because, I don't need to lie my way through a fucking assault case.

"Okay." Katherine says, smiling, wiping the almost dry tears that were falling down her face from before.

I kiss her cheek, and we lay down once again, but this time we don't fall asleep.

I just lay on her stomach, and she plays with my hair while I scroll through instagram, checking the time every five seconds.

I know I shouldn't be worried, but something is telling me, what if my plan didn't work? What if I was blackmailed? I don't know. I guess we'll see.

I'm scrolling through my tags, and I see the same picture repeatedly. But, for some reason it doesn't seem to alarm me, until I take a good look at the picture.