nineteen.

Billies POV

I roll over to face Katherine's beautiful face, just to see her sitting in her phone, scrolling through twitter.

"Fuck twitter." I say, taking her phone from her hands, laughing.

We decided after a long few days, we were gonna have some time off. We've been at her house all day, kind of just chilling. Doing whatever we want.

"True. It's just so interesting though. People on here are ruthless." She says, sitting up, crossing her legs. She sits facing towards me, playing with my hands.

"Do you remember the first night we hung out?" She asks.

She asks me questions like this a lot. I don't know why she thinks I suddenly forgot all of our memories, but she loves talking about them.

"Yup. When you came over to my house and you were so shy you barely talked to me? I do in fact remember." I say, looking up at her, seeing her pout.

"I wasn't shy!" She pushes my arm, stopping her laugh as she continues. "I really liked you, and you scared me. You're very intimidating."

I get that a lot, but I don't see how. I don't like to admit it, but I'm pretty soft. I just wanna give everyone a big hug.

"Whatever. You were definitely shy."

She rolls her eyes, shifting her sitting position so that she can lay her head in my lap.

She reaches her arms up, touching my face with one hand, playing with my chains with the other.

"What about when we went to my little place in the park. And we talked for so long about my life." She says again, still talking about memories.

"Yeah, that was a sad night. But, I knew I loved you since that night. I knew I wanted to protect you from everything bad in the world." I say, which makes her face turn from a straight expression to a puppy dog face.

"You're great at that." She pauses. "Well, most times. Not when a gun was held to me earlier this week but, other than that."

We both giggle, even though we know it's serious. I just know it's easier for her to laugh about it rather than to dwell on it.

I move over slightly to grab my phone, scrolling through missed texts and calls from recently.

"Hey, do you wanna go on tour with me?" I ask,  and she perks her head up from my lap.

"Tour? When? Why didn't you tell me you were going on tour?" She asks frantically, following with several questions.

"I announced it in February. I guess I just thought you saw it."

"Okay, well, yes. Of course I wanna go, but I don't know." She says, almost sounding sad.

"Well-" I start to speak, but she cuts me off.

"I think my dad needs me. He's going through a lot. But, I can come to the California shows, right?"

I sit and look at her.

Of course I want her to help her dad, but leaving her behind while I go on a tour that lasts several months is not what I want to do.

I want her to travel the world with me.

"I'll see what I can do." She says, after realizing I was not replying to her comment.

"Okay." I say, smiling, kissing her lips softly.

"I need to go get food. My stomach is begging for some burritos right now." I say, jumping up from her bed, landing harshly on my feet.

"I'll stay here. I need to shower and stuff, so I can just do it while you're gone." She says, smiling and wrapping herself in blankets.

"That doesn't look like a shower to me." I say, jumping onto the bed, throwing the blankets off her body.

"I mean, if you want me to take my clothes off you can just ask." She says, laughing at my shower joke.

I mold my way into her arms, leaning against the wall.

"I mean, I wasn't gonna say anything about taking your clothes off, but I wouldn't complain"

She giggles, giving me a small strip tease, slipping her straps down her shoulders, pretending to dance.

It's obvious she's joking, but I still think she's hot.

I kiss her shoulder, looking up and smiling at her as I peck her neck once, moving off the bed.

She seems offended that I moved, after her 'amazing' strip tease performance.

"Hungry." I say, shrugging and pointing to my stomach.

I kiss her goodbye, grabbing my keys, and sliding my shoes on.

"Love you." I say, shutting her bedroom door before she can even respond. But, as I'm walking out her front door, I hear a little , "I love you!" from her bedroom.

I leave the house, jumping in my car immediately.

She didn't even ask for food, but I guess I need to supply. I know her order either way.

But, before I can even fully back out of her driveway, another car swiftly pulls in.

A cop car?

A man gets out of the car, immediately drawing his gun, pointing it at my car.

I put my hands up frantically, not exactly knowing what's going on.

"Step out of the vehicle, hands up." He yells from a distance, and I guess Katherine heard the noise, because she walked out her front door as I stepped out of the car.

"Is Kira McLay here?" The officer says, very demanding. As if he was sure she was.

"No sir." Katherine says, quietly. You could tell she was terrified.

"We need to check the house. We have reasonable suspicion to think she's hiding here." He says, walking up to her porch, still pointing his gun.

Katherine runs to me after he walks into the house, but another officer steps out of the car, alarmed by her running.

She hugs me, staring back at her house.

"Why would they think she's here?" I say, but she doesn't respond.

"Katherine?"

A gun shot fires in the distance, followed by a scream from inside the house.

"Shit." Katherine says, looking up at me.

"What the fuck?"