sixteen.

Katherines POV:

I sit in the passenger seat, shaking and crying, trying to comprehend what just happened.

I put my head into my hands, sobbing uncontrollably.

Today has been so stressful and complicated and honestly, a mental facility doesn't sound too bad right now.

"I have a lot to tell you." I look up at Billie, seeing her tremble just as much as me.

She reaches for my hand, holding it tightly and looking me in the eyes.

"Okay baby," She says, smiling. I can tell she's trying her best to make me feel comfortable. "You can tell me."

I sit back in the seat, taking deep breaths, just trying to let the words come out of my mouth. But, nothing seems to come out at all.

I just sit there, shaking as my head pounds and a million things go through my mind.

"Madison came to my house right before the questioning." I blurt out, looking at Billies face immediately.

Disappointment.

"What?" She says, almost angrily, but she stops herself. "Did she have a reason?"

"She had a gun." I say, which doesn't sit well with Billie.

"Hold the fuck up." She says, shifting her seating position, facing towards me now. "Are you hurt? Did you tell the officers?"

"She pulled the gun out and said if I didn't lie to the detective that she'd shoot me. She told me to tell them that my dad got drunk again and hit me. And that you were lying." I say, struggling with every word.

Billie and I both sit in silence, with just our breath as overwhelming sound in the empty car.

"Fuck." She says, playing with her rings on her hand. "Did you lie?"

I sit for a second, gathering everything that just happened.

"No."

Her eyes looked stone cold. She didn't know what to say, I could tell.

"Okay." She says, shaking, as she turns back towards the front of the car, starting the ignition. "I think I know how to handle this."

I look at her, almost fucking terrified.

What the hell could she do? She can't let Madison know that I told her. And, Madison can't know that I didn't lie to the detectives.

Fuck.

——————————

"Please tell me what your plan is, Billie."

She hasn't told me what she's going to do and it's been 3 hours since she decided she was going to do something.

"Baby, I got this." She says for the 30th time today, placing her hands on my shoulders. She looked into my eyes, and I could tell she meant it. "I got you."

I smile slightly, sitting down on her bed.

"I'm scared to go home alone." I say, looking up at Billie.

I wasn't lying. I knew if I went home someone would show up. For all that I know, that could be the last time I ever see light again.

"That was never in my mind. You aren't going home right now. At all." She says, from across the room. She was shuffling through her closet, but I wasn't sure what she was getting.

"Okay."

It's terrifying how life has come to this. I just want to be normal.

Sometimes I wish I had never reported anything that happened. Especially right now. They never believed me anyways. I never got justice for what happened to me, I just spent some time in a hospital while my bones ached and Kira sat in some house, probably with her friends, bragging about fucking me.

I wouldn't have had a gun near me while being threatened. I wouldn't have to deal with any of this shit.

A loud knock disrupts me from my thoughts and Billie and I both look at each other in fear.

Nobody ever knocks on her door.

"I got it, stay here." She says, walking over to me, kissing my head.

She leaves the room, and I sit quietly on her bed, attempting to listen to everything that's happening.

"Yo." I hear come from the front of the house. I cant tell if it's Billie or not.

I dont hear much. Just a mixture of "Mhm," "Yeah," and "Ok."

The door closes, and Billie comes back to the room, throwing some shit in the closet again.

"Who was that." I ask, but I'm not really asking. It's kind of like a 'tell me right now' tone.

"A friend of mine."

At this point I don't even ask anymore. I know she isn't going to tell me the full thing, so I settle for the minimum that she's giving, and I lay down. Today's been exhausting.

"Sleeping is probably best for you right now." Billie says, taking off her shoes, laying next to me. "We won't get any feedback or anything for a few hours."

She cuddles next to me and I think about what she just said. Feedback?

I don't worry about it for too long though, because eventually I fall asleep in her arms. Which is exactly what I needed after this day, and the last few days too.