Chapter 6

"We drink the poison our minds pour for us and wonder why we feel so sick."

🎇🎇🎇

Krystal was relieved that it didn't go worse, but still frustrated at the same time. Hana left 30 minutes later after comforting her because of the time. They had to get some sleep or else they'd be exhausted at the day ahead of them-- after all it was Krystal's birthday and she should be energized at the very least. Something was bothering Hana though, and Krystal only picked it up because they were such good friends. She knew that Hana wouldn't talk about anything about herself when it was her best friends' birthday so Krystal would ask her the next day what was up.

But when Hana left, Krystal was scared to be left alone with her own thoughts. 

Why couldn't Axel make up his mind? Did he want to be with her? He made it very clear that he hated her guts. Then why didn't he reject her? That was the most painful thing he could do to her and yet he restrained himself from doing that.

Hours had passed and Krystal had already done her morning routine to freshen up. She tried to take care of herself despite her treatment by everyone. She wanted to feel good about herself... for once. She brushed her teeth and put on the clothes that she hand washed earlier on. At least they gave her the liberty to have clean clothing. She had already eaten and the pack chefs had already made the pack food.

She laid in bed thinking of what had just happened. No one had entered the room to give her a cruel beating yet, and a smile appeared on her face. Things were gradually looking up. Do people know? Know that her and Axel are mates?

That smile was wiped clean off her face when she remembered all that he had done to her.

Even if he was her mate, it was obvious he didn't love her. He didn't respect her. She fell into the same deep abyss of darkness that she was initially in. It was endless. Couldn't the moon goddess see that this was doomed to fail? Why was she always on the receiving end of hurt and anguish? Her wolf still hadn't said a peep. Krystal's eyes were getting droopy and she began to feel sluggish. She should sleep it off and maybe she'll feel better in the morning.

She then fell asleep with the hope that things would get better.

***

The light shone brightly and slivered its way through the cracks of Krystal's eyelids. It was the only thing that woke her up and when it did she groaned at the pain in her retinas. She shouldn't have faced the window as she slept...

She woke up with a newfound energy. A dedication.

She wanted things to change. Her desire for this could probably amass the entire werewolf territory if it could. But... it was too early in the day.  She had energy...but not that much yet. She woke up rather "late" at 1 pm, but she felt at her strongest at night, when the moon was up.

And she spent most of her birthdays with Hana-- unless she was caught up somewhere.

She would find a way to spend her time and wait for the sun to set to feel at her real best. Maybe a good book would help. She took a shower, brushed her teeth and wore a pair of black pants with a white t-shirt. Perfect.

She needed to get her mind off of things and wait for the sun to set.. Maybe her favorite book would help. She still felt optimistic about the day. There was a lingering feeling at the back of her mind but she wouldn't let it creep in. The feeling was unexplainable and felt like a warning but Krystal just ignored it hoping it would go away with time.

Krystal sat down on her bed and picked up the Giver for the millionth time. She had just finished reading the last page but didn't put the book down, enjoying the feeling that it had given her. She was lost in thought, in her own alternate reality, one which she felt resembled her own. A world without color. One without truth. One without a life of her own.