☀️~Meet the Gang~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

I woke up with my head on Darry's shoulder and his arm around my waist. His hand was on my side. I looked up at him, he looked so calm, so peaceful.

He shifted a little and stretched slightly. But he was careful not to move me. He finally opened his eyes and I stared at the ceiling.

"Oh I'm sorry!" He said moving his arm.
"No it's okay, I didn't want to wake you." I said moving my head.
He chuckled softly, "well thank you."
I nodded and softly smiled. He got up out of the bed and I slowly got up and groaned a little as I did. He laughed. "C'mon get up!" He lifted me and put me standing upright.

He opened the door to his room and we walked out. When the boys first saw Darry they started laughing and joking with him, then they saw me.

They all started screaming things! "Ooooohhh!" Some boy in a Mickey shirt said.
"DAMN DARRY GOT A GIRL!" Said one with chocolate all over his face. "Hey kid, Darry doesn't let just anyone in his room! He's gotta crush!"
"Darry! You got that girl!" Soda said. He turned to me. "Mack right?" I nodded my head shyly.

Darry came into the living room. "Me and Mack are just friends and you guys were all passed out in here. Where was I supposed to have her sleep?"

The boy in leather just looked at me and winked. "With me." A boy in a jean jacket and dark hair hit him and said, "DAL!"

The leather kid just laughed it off, I guess his name was Dal? Darry came over to me, he looked a little mad at Dal.
"Don't listen to them okay?" He looked me in the eyes and I just nodded. Darry took me around the room and introduced me to everyone.

-Time Skip-
-2 Weeks Later-

I was best friends with the gang now. Especially Darry. We weren't anything more, just friends. But he was the best friend I could ever have. We were inseparable. The only time we were apart is when he was working on roofs and I was working at the Dingo.

We were all hanging out at the Curtis house. I was sitting next to Darry as we watched a movie. He asked me to grab his coke-cola on the table in front of us. I got it for him and when I can back his arm was on the back of the couch around me.

I sorta panicked but not because of him. Because he's my best friend and I shouldn't be this excited. I leaned into him just the slightest bit so the gang wouldn't notice.

Steve saw and raised an eyebrow at me. I gave him the quiet symbol and he nodded. Steve was my next closest friend.

I looked up and Darry and gave a small smile. He returned one and leaned his head on mine lightly.

The movie was over and we quickly separated before the lights came on. I looked at him and he gave me a quick wink.

Me and Darry always flirt, but it's always a joke. I never thought too much about it.