☀️~Master Plan Gone Wrong~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

It's Sunday and Darry's day off. Even the boys had the day off so we all decided to hang out together. Steve and Soda have been acting weird. Whenever me and Darry talked they would give us smirks or elbow one of us. Me and Dar just looked at each other weirdly.

"Have Soda and Steve been weird?" Darry asked.
"Yeah kinda." I nodded my head as I talked.
"Hm I mean they usually are but this is different." He laughed as he said it and I giggled warning another look from Steve.

"Wanna get out of here?" I nodded and we went outside onto the porch. We could feel the gangs eyes burning into our backs. "Wanna go somewhere else?" He asked shaking his head while looking at the boys.
"Yes please!" We went off the porch and towards the road.

We walked to the park and talked for a bit before he brought me home. "Is your mom home?" He knows I'm still uncomfortable with my brother.

"No but he's out with friends, she'll be home before him." He pulled me into a quick hug and my heart skipped.
"If you need me you call me okay?" I looked up and nodded and he smiled softly. He gave me a quick squeeze before letting me go.
"Hey! Call me when you get home so I know you're okay!" He nodded back at me and gave me a wink before leaving.

(Darrel's POV)

Holding Mack felt so good. I really liked her but I couldn't let anyone know that. Pony and Soda have to come first. For my parents, I promised them I'd always take care of them.

I ran onto the street and towards my house. I usually don't have an issue going anywhere, I'm pretty intimidating.

I got back to my house and ran inside. The boys were all still sitting in the same spots as before. I called Mack.

"Hey kid!"
"Hi Dar! You okay?"
"Yeah I'm alright. You okay still? Do I need to come get you? Is he ho-"
"Dar! I'm alright don't worry!"
"It's hard for me not to..."
"I promise I'll call you if I get scared at all."
"Okay please be careful."
"I will bye Dar I'll see you tomorrow!"
"Okay bye kid. See you tomorrow."

I didn't want to end the call but I knew I should. I turned back around to see all the boys staring at me.
"What?" I asked.
"Oh nothing kid." Two laughed.
"Shut it Two I'll end ya." I pointed a finger at him.
"Aw how cute he's protecting his little girlfriend." Soda chimed in.
"She's not my girl. She's my best friend." I said turning to Soda.
"ASK HER OUT ALREADY!" Steve yelled in excitement.
"She definitely doesn't like me like that, also I don't have time to keep her happy and that would kill me!" I started to go on but Pony cut me off.

"I'll get Johnny to help me with stuff! And me and Soda will clean! You should be with her!" This was the first time Pony's offered something like this.

"You guys would help out?" Everyone in the gang nodded, even Dallas. "Dal you too?"
He nodded. "You do a lot and I can tell you like her a lot." I smiled.
"Thank you guys."

The phone rang and I grabbed it. "Curtis household!"
"Darry!" I heard Mack yell into the phone.
"What's wrong Mack?" I heard in the background. 'Get over here Mackenzie!' Her brother.
"MACK! I'm coming kid stay safe." I hand the phone to Soda to make sure she could talk to him. I ran out the door and back to her house with Dallas behind me.