☀️~Just Friends...right?~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

Me and Darry have been really close. I've only known him a month and he's my best friend. After the football day, I might've caught feelings. But, I can't tell him. That would ruin everything.

Steve and me were hanging around my house.
"So are we gonna talk about you and Darry?" I spot my water.
"What about us? We're just friends." Steve just smirked and I faced palmed.
"I never said you weren't.... SOMEONES CAUGHT FEELINGS!" I put my hand over his mouth.
"Shhh!"

He just laughed. "You gonna ask him out?" I shook my head. "Why not?"
"Steve there is no way he likes me. We're just friends." Steve sighed.
"I gotta go to work. But you should look closer." He kissed my head and walked out. Steve was like my brother.

(Darry's POV)

I was getting out of the shower when I got an ambush from Soda and Pony.
"We gotta talk." Soda looked at me.
"About what little buddy?" I looked at both of them. They looked at each other and nodded.
"I'm going to get dressed then we'll talk." I went to my room to get changed.

I came back out to both of them sitting on the couch waiting for me. "Okay what's going on?" I sat in my chair. They were both silent. "Someone tell me what's happening before I leave."
"When are you going to ask out Mack? We can tell you like her!" Pony said.
"What?" I said.
"Yeah, we know Dar, you're so much happier when she's around." I just shook my head.
"I might like her a little...but it's nothing. And my mood doesn't change!"

Mack walked through the door and I smiled. She came up and sat next to me on the arm of my chair. "Work today?" I nodded sadly. "Aww don't worry we'll hang out after. I'll see what Dal's doing today." She got up and went to the kitchen. I didn't like the thought of her hanging with him. He's no good sometimes. Especially with girls. I watched her leave and looked at Soda and Pony to see them smirking.

Pony murmured, "my mood doesn't change." And Soda laughed.
"Watch it little buddy." He just laughed.
"So obvious." Soda said standing up. "Steve lets go! You can have cake later." They went to my truck and Pony left to school with Two. It was just me and Mack.

"Hey, be careful and call me if you need anything." I said. "I'll be home at around five." She nodded.
"Okay Dar, you be careful too! You got me?" I smiled and nodded.
"Yeah I got you." Usually I'd give her a wink but I got nervous. I left and looked back at her. "Keep Winston our of trouble."
"Yes sir Curtis!" She saluted and I laughed.

(Soda's POV)

Darry dropped me and Steve off at DX and went to work. I knew that he knew something.
"Steve. You know something." He was basically jumping off the walls. But so was I.
"You do too. Promise not to tell this person I told you?" I nodded.
"You promise." He nodded. "Okay on three. Three...two...one..."
"MACK LIKES DARRY!"
"DARRY LIKES MACK!" We yelled at the same time.

Both our jaws dropped. "We gotta get them together!" I said.
"Deal." Me and Steve started planning.