☀️~The Rain~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

I got up and put on shoes and ran towards my door. I unlocked it and got outside. It was pouring rain, but I didn't care. I started running to the Curtis' house.

My shoes were soaked and so was my hair. I knocked on the door. Soda answered.
"Mack?" I nodded.
"Where's Darry? He was just at my house." Soda pointed at the truck.
"He came home but ran right back out of the door. I'm sorry, I don't know where he is..." My eyes were puffy from crying and I must've looked awful but I didn't care.

I thought for a second before I knew where he was. I ran off the porch and to the sidewalk. I kept running for about 10 minutes before I reached it. The river.

I ran down the path and looked around, he wasn't here. I started to cry again. My tears mixing with the rain.

"Mack?" I turned back around to see Darry standing in front of me but far away.

"DARRY!" I yelled of happiness.
"MACK! IM SORRY!" He yelled back. The rain poured harder.
"DARRY!" The rain was deafening.
"MACK I LOVE YOU!" He yelled.
"DARRY I LOVE YOU!" He smiled and so did I. I ran to him and he ran to me. I jumped onto him and wrapped my legs around his waist and he held me by my waist.

He pulled me into a kiss that was full of love. "I'm sorry sunshine." I gave him another kiss.
"It's okay Dar. I know you didn't mean it." He kissed me again. He placed me down gently.

We kissed once more but more intense than the others. The rain poured on us adding the effect of a movie. He pulled me close into a hug. We both cried into each other and held each other close. I buried my head in his chest. He patted my head and kissed it.

He grabbed my hand. And we danced through the rain. He hummed our song into my ear and slowly swayed us back and forth. It wasn't like a movie it was like a dream. No, it was both.

The rain perfectly landed on our cheeks, we were in our spot, singing our song, with the person we love. Slowly the rain pulled back a little to reveal the sky. He pulled me in for one last kiss under the moonlight.

He took my hand and we started walking home. We talked things out and he made sure I was okay. We were extremely happy as we walked home. 

The rain started up again soaking us once more. We started jogging home, laughing the whole way. We got onto the porch and went into the house.

"Hey guys!" Darry said casually.
"Why are you soaking wet?" Pony said.
"Rain." Thats all I said before Darry pulled my hand leading us into his room. He pulled off his shirt and grabbed each of us a towel.

He pulled out a shirt and his sweatpants for me. They were huge on me but there was a tie so I was okay. We both got changed and went back to the living room. He sat on his chair and sat me in his lap.