☀️~Poor Darry~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

I went up and knocked on his door. "Dar?" I could hear him sniffling. I walked in and saw him crying into his hands. I sat next to him and he immediately pulled me into a hug. He kissed my stomach and held me close. I rubbed his back with one hand and played with his hair on the other.

"It's okay Dar, he just needs some time to cool off. It's all going to be alright." He shifted around so I was on his lap again. I was straddling him and he cried into my shoulder.

I held onto him tightly and he did the same.
"M-Mack?" I kissed his head.
"Yeah baby?" He sighed.
"How could you be happy with me? I'm struggling to put a roof over my brothers heads and I am worth nothing-"
"You are not! Don't you dare say that again Darrel Shayne! I like you for who you are and that will never change! I couldn't care less for money or anything as long as I have you!" I said starting to cry. He looked up and for a second his expression changed. "What?" I asked in tears.

"Don't cry baby. I hate seeing you upset. I'm just so worried." He cried again.
"It's okay baby don't worry. He'll be home soon." He continued to cry into me, I started humming our song. He looked at me and I wiped his tears. He slowly started humming along with me.

-5 Days Later-

Darry's been a wreck all week. We don't know where Pony is and poor Sodas been having a really hard time. That two timing snake Sandy was cheating on him and Pony hasn't written him back.

Today we were sitting on the couch when the phone rang. Darry picked it up. "Curtis household." I saw the expression on his face change. He looked so happy and hopeful. "THANK YOU! We'll be there soon!" He hung up. "Pony's at the hospital!"

Me, Soda, and Darry ran to the truck. Soda sat in back so I could be near Darrel. We got there and I could tell Darry was nervous. "It's okay baby. He misses you too." He nodded and kissed me softly.
"Thank you sunshine." He held my hand. We started walking towards what looked like Pony, but with blonde hair?

He ran into Sodapops arms and then looked back at Darry. They ran into a hug and it was really sweet. He then pulled in Soda. He held his hand out to me. I grabbed it softly and he quickly pulled me in.

We visited Johnny and Dal before heading home. We got there and everything was going fine. Soda made dinner and he was acting really strange. I pulled him aside.

"You okay Soda?" He looked like he was going to cry.
"Can we talk later? I need someone but I'm making dinner right now." I nodded and he gave me a hug.

We were all having dinner and Darry and Pony started to argue again. "Darry?" He looked at me and he was obviously annoyed, not at me but at Pony.

"Yeah sweetheart?" I could tell Soda was uncomfortable so I wanted them to stop.
"Maybe we should all have a talk after dinner?" He nodded.
"Yeah. That's good." Pony didn't want to listen and started arguing again. They started using Sodapop to their advantage. Soda got up and stormed out. They looked shocked.

"Guys!" I said.
"Mack! I know you mean well, but this isn't your concern go wait in a corner or something." Darry snapped.

At that moment I wanted to sob. I had tears in my eyes and I could tell Darry instantly regretted it. He came to hold me but I grabbed my keys and ran out the door. I could hear him calling me but I just drove home.