☀️~Calm Down~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

I woke up in Darry's arms. We were in his room. His face was in the crook of my neck but he still held me in his arms. I played with his hair softly. He started to shift a little.

"Sunshine you up?" I asked and he groaned. I giggled. I tried getting up but I was pulled back down.
"5 more minutes sunshine. Please?" He kissed my cheek.
"Fine 5 more minutes. That's it okay? You have work today." I felt him nod and I rubbed his back softly.

About 5 minutes passed and I kissed his forehead over and over until he woke up. He groaned and turned. "Okay I'm up." He got up and moved over to his dresser, he pulled out a shirt and the smallest pair of sweatpants he had. "Here girlie." I grabbed his clothes and he went to the bathroom to shower. I changed into his clothes and went out into the living room.

"Someone's up." I gave Soda a look. "She's not a morning person huh?" We both laughed and I went and sat next to him. Darry came out of the shower with just a towel. I stared for a second before he caught my eyes. I turned instantly and turned red. I heard him chuckle.

I kept my eyes closed until I was lifted and placed on someone's lap. I opened my eyes and Darry had the paper around me while reading. I laid back down on him.

He whispered into my ear quietly. "Be mine sunshine?" I looked up and smiled nodding my head.
"Yeah Darry I'm yours!" He hugged me and gave me a quick kiss. The boys all cheered and we both laughed. He lifted me up and placed me on the couch.

"I gotta go, it's Saturday, you have today off right?" I nodded and pouted.
"I'm gonna miss you." He came back over and grabbed my hand and kissed my forehead.
"I'll miss you too sunshine. I'll call at break." I nodded and smiled. Then Darry was leaving as he gave me his signature wink goodbye.

-Later that night-

Poor Darry came home really upset. Something about a client being extremely rude. "Aw Sunshine I'm sorry." He hugged me and gave me a kiss. We pulled apart.
"It's okay baby." He held me tight. "Where are the boys?" I sighed.
"Well, Dallas took Johnny and Pony out. Two-bit is somewhere on his own, and Steve and Soda are at Steve's place. His dads out of town." He held my hand and nodded.

We sat on the couch and watched a movie. It was a horror movie. I basically jumped into Darry's arms and he held me tight and patted my head. "It's okay Mack, it's a movie. I'll hurt them if they come for you." I giggled and nodded.

More scary parts came up and I clung onto Darry. He could tell how scared I was so he hummed 'You Are My Sunshine' and rubbed my back softly. I looked at him and smiled.

We finished the movie and by now Soda was home. We were waiting on the couch for Pony. Soda was falling asleep on the other couch, I laid on the one close to the chair and Darry sat in the chair. He was really worried. I looked at him. "I'm sure he'll be home soon. Right Soda?" Soda nodded to make sure Darry was okay before falling back asleep.

Pony finally came home at about 2 in the morning.
"Where the hell have you been?" Darry was really mad, but I couldn't blame him. Pony started giving Darry sass and then Darry yelled at Soda which he shouldn't have done. I sat on the couch because I didn't want to get involved it was his family.

In the flash of a second Pony was on the floor than out the door. Soda and Darry were both shocked, so was I. Darry just went to his room. I gave Sodapop a hug goodnight. "I'll calm him down." He sighed and hugged me.

"Okay Mack, make sure he's okay."
"I will. Are you?" He nodded. "Come get me if you need someone to talk to." He nodded again and pointed to Darry's room.