☀️~Football~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

Once the movie finished Soda and Steve wanted to play football. We all agreed.
"Wow Mack's gonna play football?" Darry said with a smirk.
"Mm and I'm gonna beat you." I said elbowing him and walking towards the park. I just saw him smile and run up to me.
"Is that so?" He said raising an eyebrow.
"Yes." I stated simply and kept my eyes ahead.

When we got to the field we picked teams. Dal, Soda, Johnny, and me on one. Two, Steve, Pony, and Darry on the other.

The game started and I came across Darry. He had the ball and I made it seem like the play stopped, when it didn't. I walked towards him and he came up to me.
"So you're gonna beat me huh?" I giggled and nodded my head.

I stole the ball from his hands and ran towards my end of the field. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and pick me up from behind. Darry put me on the ground but held me tight.

"Did you just try to run away?" He said laughing. I smiled and nodded. He grabbed the ball and threw it to Pony. "Don't think you'll get away baby, cuz you won't." He whispered in a low voice.

He ran off and got the football, scoring a touchdown. I ran up and jumped on his back. Wrapping my legs around him.

"Hey you tricked me." I said.
He just laughed and I got off his back. He turned and held my sides close. "Yeah I did, and?"
I squinted my eyes. "Don't make me fight you Darrel Shayne."
"Try me baby, you won't win." He started tickling me and I started laughing like crazy. He started laughing while watching me.

I got away from his grasp and ran. He caught up to me and sat me in his lap holding onto me tightly and tickling me. "You're never getting away now." He tickled me for a few minutes before letting up.

I was still laughing into his chest. "I'll beat you later Curtis."
"Yeah I doubt that Star." He said looking at me.
"Mm...okay Dar you think that." I tried to get up but he held me closer.
"I know so Mack." He gave me a cocky smile, not a rude cocky, more of a friendly one.

He finally let me go and we went back to football. Dar was about to make a touchdown so I jumped on his back. I heard him laugh. "Was that a tackle?"
"It was supposed to be..." I giggled and he laughed.
"Well it was my favorite tackle." I smiled.
"It should be. Because I am a delight." He laughed and so did I. He set me down and we started walking home.