☀️~Our Song~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

All day at work I couldn't stop thinking of Darry. After my shift ended I jumped into my little red stingray and went to my house. My mom told me she kicked out Lucas and he was moving to Seattle. She said he was already gone.

I got to my house and got a date outfit. It was a cute yellow sundress with white keds. I put my hair into a half up half down with my hair in its natural wave. I got back into my car and went to the Curtis house. I walked in and everyone's jaw dropped. The only one who wasn't there was Darry.

"Hey guys...where Dar?" It was silent because they were still looking me up and down. Finally Two spoke up.
"He's getting ready for your date!" Then all the boys 'ooohed' as Darry walked in. He stopped and looked at me. He instantly smiled.

"Hey Mack." He came over and took my hand. "Boys please behave! There's money for pizza on the counter. And stop checking Mack out." With that he pulled me out of the house and to his truck. I liked his truck better than my car.

He drove us to a little burger drive in. We both got a burger and milkshake. He told me we'd pull over to eat. He drove for maybe 30 minutes before we reached a little woods area. There was a cute path heading through it.

He took the food and the radio and we started down the trail. When we reached the end it was a beautiful lake. We sat down on a blanket and got our food. He turned in the radio and some song started playing.

We talked and listened to music for an hour or so. I heard my favorite song come on. "You Are My Sunshine" it's been my favorite since I was little. I started singing it and Darry looked at me in awe.

"What?" I giggled.
"You sing beautifully." I blushed and looked down. I started singing again.
I gave him puppy dog eyes, "sing with me?" He shook his head.
"I don't really sing baby." I held his hand and pouted. He sighed and started singing with me.
"Please don't take my sunshine away." I watched him and smiled. I hadn't realized I stopped singing.

"Hey Mack! You said sing WITH me. Not by myself." I giggled and we started singing to each other. He took my hand and gave it a kiss when it ended. I smiled and he pulled me up. We swayed a little to Paul Anka.

After he turned up the volume and went towards the river. "Swimming?" He gave me a little smirk. I nodded and smiled. He took off his shirt and jeans so he was in boxers. He went into the water. I was hesitant but took off my shirt and shorts.

We both got in the water. He gave me a little splash. I gave him a huge one. "Told ya I'd win Curtis." He picked me up and dunked me under the water. "Darry!" I said laughing. He chuckled.
"So you're going to win huh?" I tried slipping out of his arms but he held me tight. I laughed.

He let me finish laughing before giving me another dunk. "I'll beat you another day!" I said wrapping my legs around his waist and he held me tight around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Okay Mack you try that." We both laughed. "You tired sunshine?" He chuckled.
"I like that name. And yes." I smiled.
"I knew you would." He walked out of the water still holding me and brought me to the truck. He placed me on the ground to grab our stuff. I wrapped a towel around myself. He came back and had everything we brought.

We got in the truck and he held my hand as we started driving. I laid my head on his shoulder and slowly drifted to sleep.