10: The Guardian Devil

{𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒔, 𝑾𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝑨 𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑮𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅}~

~

[A/N] Warning! This chapter contains mentions of blood and death.

"Come on, man," he sighed, looking through the sniper rifle's telescope, "where are you?"

His intel was never wrong, so he was certain that 'The Shadow' would be there that night.

He observed the scene in front of him with intense concentration as he perched behind the highest window of the abandoned house he selected as a vantage point. Seeing the poor families being dragged into that building made his heart contract painfully in his chest, women, children, and helpless men being taken against their well and sent across the world to confront death. Mishra was a sick bastard that should be hanged for his crimes.

As if on a cue, the hooded figure appeared out of the blue. He was amused by the way he was moving without being noticed, like a real shadow.

He still didn't know who was he, the intel claimed that nobody did. He was a mystery, almost nonexistent, it was as if he was a character of one of the superhero comic books he liked to read when he was a kid. Was he an Intelligence agent? A police officer? Or just a vigilante who chose to bring justice by his own hands? He knew that he had a mission to accomplish, but the urge to unveil the identity of that man threatened to overcome his sensible thinking.

He watched the hooded man dealing with the guards outside the building with silent efficiency, taking them one by one without a mentioned noise before sneaking inside. A few minutes later, he saw the families run for their lives outside the building.

"Good job," he smirked, looking through the telescope at the show that was playing a couple of kilometers away from his location, grateful for the bright illumination of that building, it made his job to track him much easier and gave the display a more enticing thrill.

"Oh, no!" he breathed as he saw the hooded fighter being outnumbered by thugs once he reached the third floor. Being partially satisfied with the information he collected so far, he contemplated whether leaving was a better option at that time because the shadow's arrival had ruined the gang's plan, so there wasn't anything to add to what he had already got.

Chewing on the inside of his cheek, he re-positioned himself, aimed his rifle, and adjusted its telescope for a better vision.

"Let's give that guy a hand."

********************

Khalid followed Aditi's decrypted data precisely, there was another untitled exchange about to take place at that location, and his task was to confirm its occurrence, document it, and destroy it. It started to become a regular job for him rather than a mission to fulfill.