8: Of Love And Secrets

{𝑰 𝑲𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝑻𝒓𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑻𝒐 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝑰𝒏 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕}~

~

[A/N] This chapter includes some strong language.

Aditi stood restlessly in line, biting on her lip as she fiddled with the zipper of her jacket while waiting for her turn at the cashier. She lost count of how many times she had looked at her phone's screen after sending a text message to Khalid to let him know that she wanted to meet him in the shopping center. He didn't reply, and she couldn't tell if he had received her message at all.

Shifting her weight from one foot to another, Aditi couldn't refrain herself from looking around, staring at the people's faces in the hope to see his. Most of them were busy with their shopping, but some of them caught her and returned the look with a mix of confusion and annoyance.

She hated being anxious, she was never that type of person. Many things changed after having her son, everyone became a potential danger, and everything was a source of risk. She knew that because she was a part of that life.

Reaching the cashier, Aditi hurriedly collected her purchases, paid for it, and ran out. She realized that Khalid wouldn't be able to meet her in such a crowded place, but she wondered why didn't she hear from him yet.

Her heart fluttered as she went into the parking lot. Something was off, she couldn't pinpoint it but she learned to follow the instincts that told her to be alert. Walking toward her car with cautious steps, Aditi held the grocery bags closer to her body, mentally sighing in relief as she saw her small car waiting on the parking spot where she left it a while ago.

That was when a dark shadow passed by her in a blink.

Almost squealing, Aditi hugged the bags to her chest as she froze in her place.

"God damn it, Khalid!" she hissed, recognizing the dark figure, "you really need to stop popping out like a Jack-in-The-Box, you'll give someone a heart attack!"

"It's fun," Khalid smirked, saluting her with a gesture of his hand as he stood not so far from her and feeling a bit of guilt that he scared her, she looked genuinely startled.

"I got your text, I hope you have something for me inside these bags," he told her, pushing the hood off his face. Aditi's eyes widened as she looked around her, silently warning him about the parking lot's surveillance cameras.

"It's okay," he understood, "they're off."

She idly wondered how did he do that, but then again, she shouldn't have. He wasn't an ordinary person. He was Khalid Rahmani.

"I do," she said, pulling the same flash drive he gave her a few days ago out of her jacket's pocket, "it's done."

"And?" he waited for her response with bated breath.