Arc 1-2 : Face-Slapping the Film Emperor and Empress (Entertainment Circle)

Han Zikui was the director of this drama. His existence was like a bug in a game. His family was prominent, rich, and powerful. His films were both good and popular, but his output was low, at most one movie per year. He was also the hidden boss of Zhou Xu and Zhang Hanshu, that is, the president of Huaxia Entertainment.

Because he never lacked money, Han Zikui only made films purely out of interest. At this time, he was not in China, so he had the assistant director set up a camera. But the reason why he wanted to see the audition was because Sun Yue strongly recommended a person, and that person was Zhang Hanshu.

Zhou Xu, who received the system’s information, naturally knew that Han Zikui was watching and that the choice was his, so he did not worry at all. This was because Han Zikui was absolutely fair and just, as nothing could bribe him.

Sword-like eyebrows, eagle eyes, high nose, and thin lips, perfect facial features like a sculpture. Han Zikui was handsome and elegant, emanating dignity.

The assistant director shouted at the camera, “Han Dao Han Dao, did you see it? Did you see it?”

“Saw it.”

“I’m so excited. Zhang Hanshu is really suitable for this role. Do you want to cast him immediately?”

“Look at the others first. Let the next one in.”

When Zhou Xu came in, his attitude was still arrogant. He did not bow. He sat down on a stool and said “Hello” without any further information.

The sturdy assistant director could only cough and say what he wanted. After he finished speaking, he looked up again and was completely stunned. The arrogant boy in front of him disappeared. Standing there was an elegant and kind person.

He stepped to the side and pretended to wash his hands, a faint smile on his lips, which made him look so happy.

After washing his hands, he sat down at the table in a good mood, even pretending to take a napkin and tuck it under his neck.

He smiled and took a bite, and did not speak from beginning to end until a drop of oil fell onto his clothes. He lowered his head, his eyes, face, and body all exuded anger. That kind of change to a sinister murderer instantly made the three interviewers’ hearts tighten. Their rapid heartbeat told them that they were afraid.

A few seconds later, the feeling of murder gradually disappeared, and Zhou Xu slowly looked up. Upon raising his head, he had reverted back to the gentle and friendly doctor.

Still without speaking, he finished eating all of the food with a slight smile, took off the napkin, and then smiled with great satisfaction. “Delicious.”

Zhou Xu’s audition was over, but the three interviewers were quiet. Throughout the whole process, Zhou Xu’s face was smiling, but the fear in their hearts gradually escalated with that smile, because they didn’t know when Zhou Xu would suddenly explode, and that eruption would surely cause death. They even worried that Zhou Xu was actually abnormal, otherwise, how could bowing his head cause so much fear, so real that they dared not believe it?

Zhou Xu saw the expressions of the three interviewers. He raised his chin again and said, “I’ve finished my performance.”

The assistant director came to his senses, and only when did he become clear-headed did he discover that he had gone through a cold sweat.

“Oh, well, go out and we’ll let you know what the result is.”

Zhou Xu turned around and walked away, not even saying “thank you”.