Arc 1-7. 1: Face-Slapping the Film Emperor and Empress (Entertainment Circle)

Sun Yue did not go together with Zhang Hanshu. She was invited because of another movie, but that table was right next to Zhou Xu's. The two groups greeted each other politely. Song Hui, the current film emperor was among Sun Yue's group.

Song Hui shook hands with Zhang Hanshu, but when he got to Zhou Xu, he held his hands while smiling, and Song Hui didn't let go. The result was Han Zikui quietly pulling them apart.

Song Hui smiled slightly and said to Han Zikui, "Why, Han Dao? Do you not allow other people to make normal friends?"

"Yes, but you're not normal. Excluded."

Zhou Xu didn't bother looking at Song Hui and said, "Just now, were you trying to take advantage of me?"

Song Hui was once again stunned, but then he laughed out loud. He didn't expect Zhou Xu would dare to say something like that on such occasion, but he didn't deny it. He nodded and said, "Yes, because I like you very much."

"Then you can just like it." After that, Zhou Xu turned around and ignored Song Hui, who was sitting at the table next to him.

Song Hui was stunned again. The young man meant if he likes it, he just likes it. It was none of his business anyways.

"Hahaha, Han Dao, the person you brought out is really interesting."

Han Zikui ignored Song Hui and turned back around. Song Hui was speechless, but with so many cameras taking pictures, he couldn't lose his temper, so he could only helplessly sit down and chat with Sun Yue.

Zhang Hanshu saw the three's performance, and his jealousy flared up again. The scriptwriter was like this, the lighting was like this, the actress was like this, the assistant director was like this, and the director was same. Now, even the film emperor, who they had met for the first time, was also like this. They all only had Zhou Xu in their eyes. What's the difference between them? Why did they all regard him like air?

He clenched his fists until his knuckles whitened, and he harshly bit his lower lip. A crazy thought in his head grew, rising and spreading quickly, concealing the original bright world of Zhang Hanshu into an ominous cage, which was narrow and cramped, and was covered with the smell of decay.

Walking on the red carpet, for women, was basically a fight to be the most eye-catching. They dared to do anything to be in the limelight, including wearing see-through clothing, doing work to appear "genuine", and pretending to fall. For the most part, the men took a look and move on. After all, this was a film festival. True winners did not think such tricks were worth doing, like Sun Yue.

Most of the awards had been given. Zhou Xu and the cast won Best Script, Best Sound Effects, and the Best Director awards.

It was almost the end of the film festival, and now it was time for the Best Newcomer award.

The award-giving guest was an old actor and former king of film Zhao Zhen.

Zhao Zhen's three-piece suit complimented him, making his slightly crooked body seem much more taller. He was a famous old fox in the circle, but his acting skills were really good. The reason why he was called an old fox was actually because he was wily and sly.

"The winner of this year's Jinmei Award for the Best Newcomer is...oh." Zhao Zhen opened the envelope and saw the name and was a little surprised, which caught everyone's attention. "This year's Best Newcomer is really interesting. There are actually two. Do you want to guess who of the six people nominated?"

The host next to him laughed and asked, "Mr. Zhao, if I guess right, will there be a prize?"

Zhao Zhen laughed with a smile. "How about I give you a hug?"