❦ T H R E E

❝In the cold winter morning,
And a bit lonely in the night,
We're here together.
The darkness has changed
to light with you, tonight
An unbelievable miracle.❞

Third Person's POV

Amelia made it a point to try ignoring Sehun to the best but she wasn't that strong in holding her wall against him.

It was hard to stop the tears and speak without breaking down but she knew one thing, they had to finalize their separation.

After Sehun came back from the small 'meeting' with Yuna, he noticed that Amelia was missing from the dining room and he immediately grew worried that she saw them and he was right when he saw her door open, she walked out and he noticed her eyes swollen. But she didn't meet his eyes and only looked down.

"Hey..."He called softly. She hummed in response and quietly sat down on her seat. The dinner was so quiet that Sehun felt himself grew nervous, his palms sweaty. He was sure he was going to faint at the way the room got so quiet. She didn't say anything and that was what irked him the most. He wanted her to lash out on him and just scold him, but she just remained quiescent.

As the clock ticked agonizingly slow, the two were tormented but were oblivious to the feelings for each other.

"I need to tell you something..." Sehun started, trailing off when she looked right at him. His words were caught up in his throat and he did his best to gulp the bile down his throat.

"I didn't kiss Yuna -"

"You don't have to explain me about your personal life."

He was taken aback when she said that. Personal life? But he wasn't having an affair if that's what she thought about him. And for him, she has been a part of his personal life since almost what felt like forever when it was only a year.

Amelia sighed, "Are you sure Yuna is only your childhood friend?" She questioned, staring straight into his irises which grew wide at her question.

He could have avoided answering that but he didn't want to lie to her, he had let her down enough.

Sehun shook his head, his voice contrite and timid, "She's my ex."

Amelia would have been surprised but it didn't. It was as though she already knew deep down that they were more than just what they claimed to be.

Cliché. Should've known.

Sehun shook his head at her lack of response, "I didn't kiss her, I swear. She did and I pushed her away, immediately," His breathing ragged and it didn't go unnoticed by Amelia. She leaned towards him and passed a glass of water.

Motioning him to drink the water, he shook his head and looked straight into her eyes. "I'm serious, Amelia..." His face contorted, his eyes displaying unreadable emotions.

She bit her lip, "Drink water a little, Sehun.. You seem tired -"

"Can you please listen to me once?"

Amelia bit her lower lip harshly, almost painfully, to stop the growing tears back again, looking away from him. She stayed quiet not meeting his eyes and that action unknowingly made his heart clench. But he was in no position to force her into anything and it hurt him that she was ready to let him go without even stopping to look back at him once.

He took her silence as an answer to continue. Breathing in deeply, he tried to untie himself from the knots of nervousness and fear deep in his stomach, "I don't have anything going on with her, really. You've got to trust me."