❦ S E V E N T E E N

F I N A L E

Even if the world changes,
Can you promise that we won't change?

When I finally opened my eyes, I was met with the sight of the white ceilings. It was morning already as the sunlight flooded inside the hospital room. I felt a little groggy when I sat up and then I remembered. My baby! I looked around the room to find our little baby but there was no one in the first place. As if the heavens above heard my prayers, Sehun walked in with a baby in his arms, all bundled up.

He didn't seem to notice until I coughed a little because my throat felt dry. He looked up at me with bright glistening eyes, pooling with tears.

Our quiet moment was cut short when we heard others walk in through the door with laughter escaping their lips, consecutively being shushed by an elderly nurse passing by.

"You're awake!" Jeno exclaimed happily, almost running to hug me. I opened my arms languidly because I felt weak but so enthused. The doctor walked in with a bright smile on her face, followed by a younger nurse who held a clipboard to her chest.

I madly wanted to celebrate but we had to keep a distance and not everyone was here anyway. He made way for Sehun to walk towards me and my eyes watered.

The way he was so protectively holding our baby made me tear up. It just felt so surreal to realize how far we've come. Back when we were evidently distanced from each other and how I was so close to separating ways with him. It felt like those days weren't even real if I were to consider the moment when the both of us realized that we were going to be parents.

Jeno helped me sit up slowly. I wanted to just fall asleep again but how could I rest at that moment?

Sehun slowly sat down on the side of my bed and motioned me to look at our sleeping baby. He leaned a little so that I could hold our baby and that moment felt unreal when I finally held our baby in my arms. The little life in my arms was the fruit of our passion. The world offers some things so fascinating and beautiful, like creating a life with so much love. Nothing in the world could compare the happiness of parents when they hold their fragile baby in their arms.

"Congratulations, you have a healthy baby girl." The doctor smiled brightly, looking at me and Sehun in adoration. She left the room with the others a moment later to give our little family some time.

My eyes looked at our beautiful baby girl with the roundest of cheeks which were painted pink. Her eyes were fluttered close but she stirred a little when Sehun's thumb gently rubbed across her forehead, causing Sehun to panic. I laughed, "Don't worry," I assured.

(A/N: Inspired from the video of Sehun with a baby racoon in his arms hehelelele)

Sehun's eyes were filled with tears as well as he looked down at our baby and then his gaze lifted to mine. He pulled me to a side hug and leaned to press a kiss on my lips which I returned.

"Thank you for everything, love," He whispered softly, staring up at me with doe eyes after we pulled away, "I love you a lot."

"Thank you for accepting me. I don't know where I would be now if you weren't in my life," I confessed and felt our baby stir in my arms, causing both of us to look down at her. She made the cutest sound I've heard in the entire world as she shifted into a comfortable position.

But when her eyes opened, both me and Sehun cooed at her. She definitely had eyes like her father and lips like his as well. Sehun again, ever so gently caressed her forehead and daintily held her tiny hand in his large ones. The contrast of their hands made my heart swell and I made a mental note to click a picture of their hands as soon as I would be home. Her curious eyes flickered from my face to Sehun's, and her hand which was held by Sehun, held his pinky finger. She had no intention of letting go of his pinky as she looked at her father with wide eyes. Her other hand raised a little to rest on my cheek. And just that moment she flashed a wide smile, her cute little eyes almost turning into crescents.

Before we got the whiff of a horrible smell which I assumed was poop, and yeah I was right.

••••••

"Sehun, today's your diaper duty!" I shouted from across the room as he was busy playing with our baby in his arms together with Mushu and Vivi. He was only rocking her around so that she wouldn't cry. I just didn't understand why he was so worried about her crying because since the  past one month, I noticed how her cries would cease almost immediately when he held her.

I heard his whine and complaining before he agreed anyway. We made an agreement where we had respective diaper duties for each other so that we could work as a team.

In the afternoon, after having lunch, Sehun and I crashed on the bed because of being so sleepy and undeniably worn out. Just when we actually drifted off to sleep, we heard a loud cry from the other room where our little bundle of joy was asleep. I felt so sleepy that I couldn't even open my eyes but I felt someone jump off the bed. After a few moments when I could finally open after barely collecting my energy, I dragged myself outside our room.

All my sleep left my system when I saw Sehun gently cradling our little baby in his arms, cooing softly when she laughed for some reason.

The two us were pretty nervous about us handling our lives after the arrival of the new member in our family. If I had to be honest, deep down I know we were afraid that things would change. But we were still the same. We only had one addition to one of the various reasons in our life to be happy about.

Sehun took a hold of the bottle of warm water placed on the side, checking it temperature by holding it tightly and gently raised it towards her lips. She moved her head away, pushing the bottle out.

"Oh? You aren't thirsty or hungry? Or else you'd be screaming in my arms to run to your mum, wouldn't you?" He whispered softly, a little mischief lacing his voice.

May be she just wanted to be held by you.

But then he panicked again. And I think I knew why.

"Oh my God, Amelia!" He called loudly, totally unaware that I was actually just standing by the door. When he saw me, he motioned me to come near but I knew what I had to grab so I opened the drawer, "Can you help me a little with the diaper?" He asked, pouting a little with puppy eyes.

I sighed dramatically and laughed, nodding at his helpless form.

"Yes, love."

Life is sweet.

Continue smiling by my side just like this moment,
Longer than tomorrow, farther than eternity,
I love you.  ❞

THE END

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A/N: Unedited.

Yay~ It has finally come to an end. I feel really happy that I was able to even complete this. Though a lot many were not really fond of this story, I'm still thankful for those who took their time to read this story. Thank you so much, loves. You have no idea how much your love and support means to me.

Thank you always and I love you all from the bottom of my heart. Thank you so much for everything, always and forever.

I hope you'll also be happy just like the two in the story and I actually wish this story was able to make you feel special about... life and yourself. 💕

Take care, you guys.

See you in my next book (if you want to read XD)

I LOVE YOU ALL. 💕💙

So, I'm signing off here. Bye!

July 26th, 2020