❦ E I G H T

At night when I couldn't sleep because of my worries
I looked at you and made a promise to the sky.

Third Person's POV

The sunlight was so bright that Sehun had to take his hand out to block the sun rays falling right on his eyes. It was a new feeling for him, a burst of emotions radiating nothing but utter joy and happiness. He held the other pillow close to his chest, imagining as if it was Amelia and pushed his face into the pillow when he found his own thoughts itself to be embarrassing. He was shy, so shy about her that even his friends found it totally new about him.

He was purely head over heels for his wife.

The thoughts of the day before rushed through his mind, drifting back to the moment when he confessed her on the same altar they got engaged in and he was this close to locking his lips with hers. But he held himself back because for some reason he felt like it wasn't the right moment and he was afraid that Amelia might actually look away or something like that.

Last night felt magical to him and he slowly lifted his head to stare at his phone for a moment, turning it on just to stare the lockscreen of his phone; a picture of him and Amelia during their wedding reception, his arm protectively wrapped around her waist. She was smiling at one of the guests but he was staring at her. He was a little surprised to see that moment being captured, deciding to keep this picture to himself and the photo album he kept hidden from every one (except Vivi) which consisted of the pictures of their wedding.

Amelia, his wife. The word felt so different whenever he says it in his mind. He could get used to listening that title, but he could never get used to her presence. He could never take her presence for granted and the days when she avoided him killed him from the inside and he was going to make sure to treat her like she deserves; like his queen.

With a smile etched on his face, he slowly got up from bed and ran to the bathroom to do his business and quickly brushed his teeth.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. The weather was amazing but very humid. Bright sunlight filling their home.

Sehun low key expected the normal noise of the water tap in the kitchen and the light thrumming of the washing machine in the laundry room, followed with Amelia softly humming and singing some of her favourite songs in between. But the moment he stepped out of the bedroom, he was met with silence in the house. The only thing he heard was the calming chirping of the birds outside but then it did nothing to calm him down.

He looked around, his chest feeling a little heavy at Amelia's absence but he nevertheless called out her name.

"Amelia?"

Nothing. It was totally silent. Even Vivi did not come trotting down the hallways towards him.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he quickly ran towards her room, ignoring the dull ache in his chest and twisted the doorknob to her room and noticed that it wasn't locked. Upon entering her room, her scent filled his nostrils and he bit his lip when he realized there was no sign of the girl. She seemed to have suddenly disappeared as if the day before was only a dream; as if she was only a vivid memory living in his mind.

But then her clothes lay on the neatly tucked in bedsheet, beside it sat her brown leather jacket. It was a little momentum which proved that she was real after all. He chuckled bitterly at his thoughts.

Her car keys weren't there and so were her everyday shoes, indicating that she went out. But after noticing the little details, the bile in his throat made him stop looking around.