❦ E L E V E N

You filled every piece of my heart,
Even the scarred part of it to the fullest.
And somehow, you've become my everything,
My missing puzzle piece.

Third Person's POV

"So... Why did you and Yuna break up in the first place?"

Sehun groaned loudly and threw his head back on the sofa. They were still in his office, it was lunch then. And after several long persuasions by Sehun to Chanyeol, the latter agreed with a childlike grumble to bring them coffee and donuts.

He sighed, running his hand through his fingers before leaning against the headrest again, "I don't know how to exactly put that into words. I feel like we broke up after high school, I think?" He answered, a little uncertainty tinged in his tone.

"You think?" Amelia asked, propping herself on one elbow on the headrest to stare at Sehun.

The two were to immensely close to each other that they even lost count of how many kisses they shared within that hour. He pursed his lips in a thin line and looked away. Sehun knew that he had to give an answer seriously so he tried not to look into her eyes in order to not lock their lips for the nth time already.

But he was smitten so he turned to look at her anyway, "I mean to say that I think our relationship went downhill after high school... You know when we all went separate ways."

"Did you continue being in a relationship later?" Amelia questioned curiously, grabbing a glazed donut from the box placed on the coffee table.

Sehun nodded as memories rushed through him, "We did. But it was like waiting for the rain in a drought."

"A Cinderella Story reference, nice. But anyways continue."

He chuckled at her words but continued nevertheless, "She actually went abroad to continue her studies in Switzerland. Though deep down we were aware that it was going to be difficult for us to continue being in a relationship, we still took a risk anyway."

Amelia nodded at his words with a hum. It was new to her, to hear him talking about Yuna so openly, it made her feel like a lot of weight was off his shoulders after he confronted Yuna that day. And yes, she was right in assuming so.

"I don't know why I felt that way because I know it's very childish but like, I got so angry and upset with her when she decided to go so far away from me that I almost refused to talk to her. But everyone told me calm down and..." Sehun stopped, reading Amelia's reactions. He was more concerned about her feelings than his words so he didn't lose eye contact with her.

But she held no conflicting emotions in her beautiful irises. They only understood each and every word he was saying, comprehending his situation and she was lost in he thoughts almost as if she was putting herself in their shoes and learning their perspectives instead.

Amelia leaned closer, causing Sehun to lean towards her a little as well, "I don't think that's childish, honestly. I'm not being biased. But I understand what you mean to say. As much as you would and obviously have supported her studying abroad, a small part of you which craves for her would somehow be upset without you even realizing it. And I think that's human emotions. You can't help your emotions to think otherwise if that's what your heart feels," She answered wisely with no filtering or sugar coating. Her words caused his stomach to flutter and his eyes closed when she gently wrapped his frame around her arms.

Sehun continued, pulling away a little to still stare up at her, "We were fine for the first few weeks and months. But as time passed by, we were slowly drifting away. There were times when I would constantly text and call her but she would be too busy to pick up the calls and reply to my texts. But she did call me later to make it up. And then again, more time passed by. Our daily calls turned to a call or two once a week, lifelong text conversations morphed into single answer replies. By that time, I knew we were losing the spark. But I was so, so determined... desperate to make the relationship work, that even if I knew that there were slim chances of her replying, I still tried." Amelia sat up in a more comfortable position, holding Sehun's hand to provide warmth and comfort.