❦ S E V E N

Inside the empty spot in my heart,
There's a piece called you taking place,
I just know it.

Third Person's POV

"So... Are you telling me that you never ever had feelings for Jeno?" Sehun mumbled, or asked more like to himself.

He never admitted it, hell, he knew he would never admit the undeniable bitter feelings which would wash over him at the intimacy level of Jeno and Amelia. He was aware of how close the two were, but being human and being utterly bewitched and smitten with Amelia, he knew those feelings were inevitable.

"Why, are you jealous?" She teased, wiggling her eyebrows at him. Heat rushed to his cheeks and the tips of his ears even turned red.

Sehun opened his mouth to say something and before he even knew it, he was stuttering, "I-I mean... It's just he's really amazing, y-you know - "

"I know right? Jeno is an amazing guy. But I feel like I have always loved him," She answered, causing Sehun's heart drop down but she quickly added, "Not the way you're probably suspecting. " Sehun visibly relaxed. Her former words literally made him look like a kicked puppy and it made her internally coo at him. Amelia noticed his emotions and change in behaviour as well, an aspect which warmed her heart.

She, however, remained true to him and admitted, "But yes, I did have a crush on him before. But then again , who wouldn't? He's so gentle but extremely hilarious that it's hard to ignore someone like him, " She gushed with hands flying here and there to express her words more. Sehun loved seeing that side of her, so carefree and open.

Only if the topic was not about her hitting on someone else.
Sehun shook those thoughts away and focused her on chatty self, purely bewitched under her breathtaking features.

"But why did you ask that question like twice?"

Sehun shrugged, hands still intertwined with hers. He was trying to act like her absolute undeniable preference over her best friend didn't affect him when in reality it always caused him to grow jealous, especially after acknowledging the fact that she used to have crush on her eye smiling prince of a best friend.

"I don't know, you guys seem very close, very," Sehun truly didn't want to sound bitter but even Amelia could hear the jealousy in his voice, "And he's a nice person.. So..."

The jealousy in his words and tone caused her hopes to sky rocket. What if they could actually make the relationship work? But he hasn't said anything to you, yet. She closed her eyes for a brief moment so as to not mis-analyze his actions and get the hopes high just in order to crush it back again.

"Jeno is very important to me, that's all," She answered and gently pulled her hand away from Sehun's grip, making Sehun's heart drop to his stomach. But he didn't do anything because he was afraid she'd be uncomfortable with him if he held her again, so he awkwardly retreated his hand back and rested it on the steering wheel.

However, Amelia decided to end the Renjun topic with something important, "I think the final reason when I was sure that I was over him was when I realized that even if we were not together anymore, once upon time we were really together and we were in love then."

He words caused Sehun to furrow his eyebrows, perplexed. Amelia noticed his expression and again turned towards him fully, turning her body to explain him more better.

"I mean to say, only because we broke up and we aren't together anymore doesn't mean that we didn't love each other. Our moments and the love was real, and the confirmation is when you feel the pain when separating from them.