seventeen

Chapter 17

As his pen scribbled at the piece of paper, his tears cascaded down to his cheeks. Remorse is written in his face.

"This is our old manor, isn't it?" Jimin remarked. He turned to the other male. "Are you sure Yoongi will go here?" The other nodded.

"Let's split up. I will go with Taehyung. Jimin and Hoseok, go with Jin. You three take the left wing." Namjoon mandated.

The trio went to the right and the duo went to the opposite. "Wait! Yoongi's old music room is on this side right? That should be the first place we check." Jimin led the way to the said room.

A voice stopped the man from moving. "Remember the plan." He shrugged it off and tried to pay attention to the other two.

A dusty piano came in sight upon opening the door. Everything stayed the same. But Yoongi is still nowhere to be found. The boys are growing hopeless.

Jimin went to the piano, tears forming in his eyes. His fingers aimlessly pressed random keys as he called out. "Yoongi, look! You hate it when I touch your piano, right? Look, I'm touching it now. You better come out and beat me!" He gave a fake mocking laugh.

The other two looked at him with pity in their eyes. Jimin called again. "I'm really messing your piano up! You better come out now, Min Yoongi!" He was breathless because of shouting. "Please come out now." He whispered with his head down low. The other one tried to comfort him even if he himself feels hopeless.

As the other watched the pair from behind, the voice spoke again. "Now is your chance. Don't be so weak and do it now." And he did.

"Namjoon, I don't think Yoongi is here. Let's go call the others."

"There's one more room in this wing. Let's just check it and be done."

As the faint voices slowly disappeared, the man went to follow Namjoon and Taehyung. He came in front of the door. He hesitantly held the knob. "Am I doing the right thing?"

The familiar voice rang in his head. "Do it now!" He didn't pay any attention to the voice.

He locked the room. "I have done so much." The man left the manor with tears in his eyes and regret in his heart.

"I just loved, didn't I? Maybe I loved her a little too much."

The girl laid unconscious on her bed. "Angel, please wake up. Yoongi is still nowhere to be found. Please don't leave us." Jungkook held her hand as he cried.

"You are the best thing that ever happened to us. Don't leave us. If you do, we'll never love again."He can only cry. He kissed her forehead. She felt so called under his touch.

"Jeon Jungkook, get away from her." Jungkook turned to see a furious Namjoon and a confused Taehyung.

"You're back?" Jungkook wiped his tears. Namjoon chuckled darkly. "Why? You didn't expect we'll live?" He sarcastically said. Jungkook looked so conflicted.

"Look at the traitor's betrayed face." Namjoon told Taehyung. He turned to the other boy again. "I told you to get away from Y/N, didn't I?"

"Namjoon, what are you talking about?" Taehyung.

"Why don't we ask Jungkook? You "found" Y/N's necklace right?" He gave strong sarcasm to the word "found".

"So it's still about that necklace. I told you it was broken when I found it! And just because of a stupid necklace you are accusing me of being traitor?"

"That's not the only thing." Namjoon tossed two dolls towards Jungkook.

"Two are dolls and the other two are missing. Care to explain?"

Jungkook looked at the dolls. "How can I possibly do that If I am right here with Y/N!"

"Yet another reason why we can no longer trust you. We left you to watch over her and now look at what happened. She's pale and lifeless." The tension grew. "Taehyung, take him to the dungeon." He commanded. Taehyung can't process Namjoon's command.

"Namjoon, isn't that too much? We shouldn't jump into conclusions." Taehyung may sound calm but he definitely isn't. "No. Too much is letting him near Y/N. We should've killed him but he is still a brother. Take him now. Tae."

As the two walked down to the dungeons, silence filled the awkward air. "You believe him, don't you?" Jungkook laughed. Taehyung looked at him.

"I don't want to."