eighteen

Chapter 18 

Tae heads back with a heavy heart. He can never imagine anyone of them betraying each other. "We may bicker about everything but we love each other too much to just do that." He spoke to himself.

A faded light was emitted through Y/N's door. This caught Taehyung's attention. Inside, he found the thing he least expected to find.

"Angel, please wake up." A lone tear gushed out of Namjoon's eye as he caressed the lifeless body before him.

"Namjoon! Namjoon!"

Taehyung's loud call caught Namjoon's attention. He turned to see Taehyung beside him, one hand was clutching his chest while the other was holding something he hadn't seen for ages.

"Why are you holding that? Why did you take it from the library?" Namjoon asked.

Tae shook his head. "I didn't. I found this in Y/N's room."

Horror flashed through Namjoon's face. He hurriedly grabbed the book from the other's hand. One look and he noticed something. Something is visibly wrong.

"Th-The other gems!" Taehyung pointed.

The only gems left intact were his, Taehyung's, and Jungkook's. Namjoon held the book so tightly, the veins in his arm became more visible.  

Upon flipping the pages, a folded piece of paper fell off.

I have wronged each of you.

Ever since we were little, I have always felt inferior to all of you. I thought I already made peace with the fact that I am everything you are not-- a weakling and a coward. Doubts devour me day by day. This made me think that unlike all of you, Lucifer wasn't my biggest enemy. It was myself.

But then, she came. The angel so bright, she managed to shed light even in my very own hell. She told me I was everything. This made me feel that I had to prove her right. I should do something to show her that I was, indeed, everything.  I don't know if I should blame Lucifer for taking advantage of me or if I should blame myself for being too vulnerable.

"You want to be her everything, right? Think of it this way, you'll have her all to yourself for eternity, no brothers to share with. Besides, aren't you tired of being the one behind? It's time for you to show them what you got. Show her what you got"

My love for her was so great, it made me do things. Tell me, you would do this too, right? If you were in my position, you'd make the exact same mistake. I just loved her so much.

I know it might be too late, but I realized that I still have the chance to redeem myself. I can still be strong. No act is more courageous than being able to admit a mistake.This time, I choose to be strong by doing the right thing.

Take good care of Y/N. I don't deserve even a tiny bit of her love.

'Til the next life,

Hoseok

The boys didn't know what to feel.  The disappointment and grief were too much to handle. 

Taehyung forced himself to stand up. He had to get Jungkook.

He rushed to go to the dungeon. As he ran, he bumped into a form.

"Where do you think you're going?" The man smirked.

Taehyung immediately recognized the voice. "Hanbin." He said with so much spite.

Hanbin chuckled. "You and your brothers," He playfully shook his head. "Ever so foolish."

Taehyung tried to attack him but before his punch could even hit Hanbin, he fell to the ground.

"If he won't do it, then I would."

Namjoon went out to check on Taehyung.

"What's taking him so long?"

He hasn't processed everything yet. He's guilty of accusing Jungkook. He stood beside Y/N's bedroom door. Within his place, he can see the huge portrait hanging on the wall. He went closer to get a clearer view.

"You guys, settle down now!" Tzuyu scolded them as she was adjusting the thing called the camera.

"Hoseok, your leg is squishing me!" Jimin whined.

"Why are you blaming me? Taehyung is leaning on my leg!" Hoseok fired back before kicking Taehyung.

"Can you just settle down so we can take the damn picture?!" Yoongi sternly scolded.

Jimin and Hoseok both rolled their eyes. "Easy for you to say, you're comfortable up there, and why am I in the middle?!" Jimin's rant doesn't seem to end.

Jungkook laughed. "The smallest go in the middle." Jimin hit his head.

Tzuyu scolded them one more time, causing the seven to look at the camera with serious faces.

"Where did we go wrong?" Namjoon whispered in the air

"Where did we go wrong?" Namjoon whispered in the air. He stared at the photo.

He decided to go back to Y/N's bedroom. 

"Did I leave this open?" He questioned himself as he saw the door.

"Long time no see."

He saw the literal embodiment of hell standing beside Y/N's bed. 

"What are you doin here?" Namjoon said as he gritted his teeth.

"I can see flame in your eyes." Hanbin teasingly raised his hands. "I'm scared."

"Get away from her."

Namjoon's rage made Hanbin laugh even more. "You better behave, Namjoon. I might or might not take your little Y/N. I'll decide after I get what's mine."

He looked at a different direction. Namjoon followed his gaze and it landed on he book.

"There is no way in hell that I'll let you have that."

Hanbin cocked his head to the side. "Too bad, I'm not even asking for your permission."