Chapter 9

Tsuna was not expecting this. He was only on his way to his lunch and this happened. They were on the other side when Tsuna and the other's had saw that a bully yanked Miwa's wig and she pushed down. He ran to make it in time to catch her. He was thankful that his guardian was there to protect her, but regretted the fact that he ignored his intuition that she was in trouble.

He was in front of the infirmary door. He struggled in opening it since he was carrying her.

He caught Shamal having an affair again and Tsuna doesn't really want to deal with this right now and leaked his killing intent. Shamal, sensing it, stumbled on the chair and had sprawled down on the floor. The woman who was flirting, bolted out in embarrassment.

"Kid, you just let out my girl." He groaned.

"Do you think I care about that right now?" A tick mark appeared in his head as he carried Miwa towards the infirmary bed.

Shamal whistled, "Who's this chick kid?"

"I dare you to go touch her and I guarantee the Prefect would be hunting you forever." Tsuna warned as he remembered how overprotective Kyouya was earlier. This shivered Shamal.

Shamal got back to his composure.

"Anyway, she just seems to be free of harm and just unconscious. Who is she brat?" Tsuna was silent.

"A friend and a classmate. That for you to know." He murmured.

"You treated her differently though." Shamal whispered.

A few minutes later, the door was slammed yet Tsuna didn't react to it. Shamal, on the other hand, was surprised that he jumped from his chair and was on the floor lying. He was massaging his back due to the pain.

"Kyoya, keep it down. She is resting." Tsuna said as he didn't bat an eye to his guardian.

"Hn." He responded. Shamal kept an eye on Hibari as he stood up in pain.

"Shamal, can you get out for awhile? Me and Kyouya will take it from here." Tsuna requested. Shamal, who looked puzzled, nodded as he slowly went out from the clinic.

Both were silent when Shamal went out.

"I'm sorry, I was not there when that happened." Tsuna apologised. He remembered the word he got from him that he will take his Hibari's sister yet this happened.

"She's an omnivore like you. Not striking on the enemy even though she is capable of doing so." Hibari leaned on the table near Tsuna. "And stop apologising. It was unexpected."

Tsuna who could not wait anymore asked the question that he had in his head.

"Why are you acting distant to her even though you care for her?"

"I had to." He replied.

"For what? To keep her suffering? To make her think she hates you?" Tsuna looked at Hibari, still leaning on the table near them.

Hibari had a stern look. Tsuna sighed on the stubbornness of his guardian.

Tsuna stood up and closed the curtain where Miwa was lying down.

"You know," he started, "When I asked her what happened between the two of you, she wouldn't answer. Afraid that we would get you for doing that to her. But I doubt that you did something horrible to her."