Chapter 23

They went back to the room and had a maid to deliver the food. A table was already set up on the side of the bed where Rika was sleeping.

"You won't mind if I eat also?" Tsuna asked as he prepared for himself.

"Not really. I figured you skipped dinner because of the incident earlier." Honoka shook her head as she took one piece of chicken leg.

Tsuna had observed her as she ate. The hair, the face and the gestures... All the same except the mature stature. It's still amazing to see Kyouya's future sister.

"Are you just gonna look at me or are you even going to eat?" Honoka spoke as she put another food on her mouth.

Tsuna was caught red-handed. "Sorry it was not my intention. It's just not usual to see someone who you used to see has a future 'her'."

"Hmmm.. But what about Lambo Bovino?"

"It's true but not with the current one present in the same room." Tsuna said as he started to eat.

"I have a curious question though it's more like a random thought."

"Go ahead."

"Would you still believe me even if you didn't have your hyper intuition?" She asked casually. Tsuna placed back his utensils on his plate.

"Yes. From the look on your eyes, you weren't lying. And when you have appeared, the flames that you are producing are going straight to her. And also, I had sense no danger to you."

"As expected, you two are alike." She smiled.

"You two?" Tsuna tilted his head in confusion.

"The Tsuna I know. I thought you were a little different since you are 'his parallel self'. But my guess was wrong. That's a relief." Honoka finished her meal and leaned on the chair. "Though my nii-sama and this world's nii-sama is different. Mine was more honest with his feelings... Or more like he might have been more honest by the time he was already working with Tsuna." She muttered on the last part. "Well, at least the results are fine."

"Are you mad at Kyouya for not being honest?" Tsuna interrogates more.

"Yep. I'm really mad." She said it with no hesitation.

So straightforward. Tsuna gulped.

"Well, she was the one who was affected the most." This confused Tsuna.

"Remember when we were fused, she was the one who was most sensitive. I would act tough but deep inside she was vulnerable. When he said she was the one that caused the death of their parents, it caused a lot of impact on her. Of course I was affected with her distorted emotions." she explained. "But it's a good thing you have helped mend their relationship." Honoka continued.

"I didn't really know much about it." Tsuna denied.

"Even if you didn't know much of their conflict, you somehow find your way to help them unconsciously by getting close to her at first. I'm suspecting it is your demonic intuition." She teased.

"Don't call it demonic." He complained.

"Oh~ I find it demonic though as it is accurate as F." She smirked. Tsuna flushed in embarrassment.

"Somehow, I wish that she is not vulgar with her words." Tsuna blurted.

"She is innocent, that I can assure you. I haven't said anything---"

"Have you forgotten what happened before we left? Uhm, the case with Nezu-sensei?" Tsuna reminded her as he drank water.

She cleared her throat out of embarrassment. "I-I can't deny that. That rat deserves it anyway. Beating around children is unacceptable."