Chapter Two

The man opens the office door, walking in revealing my older brother. He dresses in a very expensive and very elegant navy velvet suit. I walk in and we just stare at each other for a good minute. He gives a small smile and signalled for me to sit. He looks up at the man.

"Thank you Thomas" he says "Now take Evanna's bag to her room will you" he adds.

The man, I now know as Thomas nods and scurries out the room, closing the door behind him. My older brother looks down at me.

"Nice to see you again Evanna, I'm sorry to hear about your mother" he says "it must have been a hard day" he adds.

I nod and wearily look up at him.

"So Evanna I won't keep you long as I understand you need some time, however we do need to discuss somethings. Im going to run you through some... rules" he says pausing to choose the correct wording.

I keep my eyes on his, allowing him to continue.

"So obviously the basic rules which applies in most households and that is no drinking, smoking and drugs. Any of that will not be tolerated and punishment will be very harsh for those things. Secondly, respect. Now I have spoken to your councillor and he has informed me you are a very polite young girl so I don't expect anything less, and that includes no cursing, talking back, brattiness etc. Thirdly and this is the most important rule, you do not and I mean do not ever come onto this floor without either me, Grayson or Blake. Do you understand?" he asks.

"Yes, I understand" I reply.

"Also Evanna, your brothers and I would appreciate verbal answers rather than nods and we would also appreciate eye contact. It just shows us that you are confident in what you are saying and that you respect what we are saying" Vince says.

"Okay" I answer.

He stands up and makes his way around the desk, he places an arm on my shoulder.

"Evanna although there are rules in place, I hope you understand that it's for your safety and we are only looking out for you" he says.

Even though I have just met Vince I can tell family means everything to him and he really cares for his family. I look up to him with a nod.

"I will" I answer.

He nods and steps outside, calling for one on the men dressed in the posh suit, the man walks in giving me a large smile.

"Evanna this is Connor, he will show you to your room, either I or Grayson will collect you when your dinner is ready" he says.

"Okay, bye" I say.

"Bye now" he replies.

I follow Connor through the long hauls of the house, he turns around and smiles at me.

"So you're the famous Miss Valentino" he laughs.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well you're their younger sister that they have been looking for" he says.

"Wait they were looking for me? How come I didn't know about them?" I ask.

He shrugs "That was your moms choice" he pauses "Also I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's death, she was a lovely woman" he sighs.

"You knew her?" I ask.

"Yeah, she was the most generous and kind woman I've ever met" he smiles "Your father was a very lucky man to have her" he adds.

I give a small smile "Yeah she was amazing"

"Well here we are Miss Valentino" he smiles opening the door to my room.