Part two - Chapter Twenty

I look up at all of my brother who stand around me. I adjust myself of the sofa, wincing at the sharp pain in my ribs.

"First of all, let me see your injuries" Vince says, walking towards me.

"They aren't that bad" I say, not wanting to reveal the large bruises covering my stomach.

"Evanna, let me see" he says.

I glance at everyone in the room anxiously, I really don't want them to be in here but I don't want to say anything.

Thankfully, Vincent must have sensed how I'm feeling. He clears his throat and looks around at everyone.

"Everyone out" he says.

With protests from my brothers everyone left the room part from Vince and Alfonzo.

"May I stay Evanna?" He asks "I completely understand if you would not like me to stay though"

Once again, I don't really know what to say. I don't particularly want to seem rude to my uncle, after all they all did just rescue me.

I send him a small nod and a very small smile.

"You can stay" I mumble.

He sends me a smile and sits down beside me.

Vince inches closer to me and places his hand on the hem of my T-shirt, he looks up at me.

"Can I?" He asks.

I nod allowing him to lift up my shirt.

His cold fingertips touch my skin, sending a shiver through my body. He gently and slowly begins lifting up the T-shirt, showing off the battered and bruised skin.

I glance down at my stomach, it's worse than I thought. I cringe at the sight of the purple bruise mapped across my tummy.

I take a glance at my brother and uncle, whose eyes have darkened significantly. Vince takes in a large deep breath and his eyes travel up to meet mine.

"Is there any major pain anywhere?" He asks.

"My ribs are really sore" I answer.

Vince nods and his fingertips once again grab the hem of my T-shirt.

"May I lift it higher?" He asks "I won't look too far up, just high enough to see your ribs" he adds.

"Yeah" I answer.

He lifts it up higher to expose the worst part of my torso. A large very dark purple bruise spread along the one side of my body, on both chest and back.

"Those fucking bastards" Alfonzo mutters, his eyes narrowed on the bruise.

"Your ribs are definitely broken" Vince concludes, slowly bringing my T-shirt back down.

Vince stands up and disappears into the kitchen. Alfonzo looks at me with an angry face.

"They won't get away with this Evanna, they're gonna pay for this" he says darkly.

I nod. I have mixed emotions about this whole situation, like yeah they should definitely pay but I don't want people to get hurt. I really wasn't cut out for being a mafia princess, I don't have it in me. I hate it when people get hurt because of me. It's always me, I'm always the reason people get hurt.

I'm brought out of my thoughts to Vince walking into back into the kitchen with some ice, water and painkillers.

"Here you go" he says, handing me the tablets and water.