Chapter Seven

Today went pretty well, despite being late to almost all of my classes i managed to make a few friends. Their names are Amelia, Sophie, Violet and Margo. I found out they were dancers and they were trying to encourage me to try out on Friday but I wasn't sure whether I would, i mean I've never danced before.

Vince had gotten one of his workers to drop off a brand new pair of soccer boots for me. They are gorgeous, they are all black apart from the vibrant pink nike tick, which swooped up the side of the shoe.

Currently, I'm stood in the middle of the soccer field, waiting uneasily for the remaining girls to come out.

"Right ladies, I'm coach Wilson and I will be your coach for this year...if you make it" she says.
"So I want you to line up at the halfway line and give me twenty pushups" she adds.

We all jog the the hallways line and drop to do our twenty push ups. Lucky for me I'm quiet athletic so this is pretty easy.

Once we finish we stand up and stretch out our muscles.

"I want a lap of the soccer field" she shouts "last three to finish are cut" she adds, intensifying our warm up.

I immediately start jogging, keeping my pace ready to sprint towards the end. Thankfully this idea works and I fly past everyone finishing second.

"You two, what's your names?" Coach asks me and the other girl who finished first.

"I'm Aaliyah" she speaks.

"I'm Evanna" I state.

"You two ladies are impressing me. Can you both grab a soccer ball and head to the penalty box please" she asks, pointing towards the large sack of soccer balls.

We both make our way over to the bag and grab a ball each. Kicking them towards the penalty box.

One by one, the other girls slowly make their way over to where we are. Our coach soon joins us after dismissing the three girls who came last.

"Right girls, I want you to call your name and your preferred position. This does not mean you will become this position it's just so i get a idea" she states
"Starting with you" she points at me.

"My name is Evanna and I would prefer to play striker" I say confidently.

"Great okay Evanna, can you shoot a goal from the penalty spot please" she asks.

I nod and place the ball onto the spot. I take three large steps back and stare at the goal, deciding where to shoot. After one final glance at the ball, I run and kick it sending it straight into the top corner.

The girls behind me clap, as well as coach Wilson. She makes her way over to me and taps my shoulder.

"We haven't finished try outs but I can assure you if your performance is like this you will be straight in the squad" she smiles, jotting my name down on her clipboard.

"Right girls, we will be having a quick match to finish off try outs, so I can see you play in a game atmosphere"  she says.

"Right so I would like Evanna, Chloe, Jess, Becca and Cat on team one" coach says handing us a red bib each. "Then Aaliyah, Leah, Olivia, Daisy and Charlotte on team two" coach adds, handing them a blue bib each.

We get into positions and my team begin kick off the game. I pass the ball towards Becca who passes it straight back in panic. I sigh and dribble the ball down the field, side stepping a few people. I cross the ball in for Chloe who attempts to head it in but just misses. I give her a cheer and I run back on side while we wait for the keeper to kick.