Chapter Sixteen

The past few days flew by uneventful. I had my chat with Grayson and he basically told me to drop the attitude and apologise to Vince, which I did. He has accepted my apology but I think he's lost a lot of trust. I was also avoiding Max, there was the occasional shoulder bash but nothing bad.

Anyway, today is Friday and I have a big soccer match after school which I'm extremely nervous for. When coach told us I was a little surprised, it's our first match and we're playing against our rivals.

Right now it is lunch and I'm sat with the girls who are literally drooling over the boys in the cafeteria.

"Oooh look at that Josh kid" Violet says "he's a 10" she adds.

I roll my eyes at them and pick at my food.

"You should join us Ev" Amelia says.

"I'm good" I smile "I'd rather not rate every boy that walks in the cafeteria"

"Oh you're so boring" Violet says.

"Leave her be" Margo jumps in "shes just nervous about her match later" she adds.

The three other girls look at me, with shocked faces.

"Omg! Why didn't you tell us you had a match today?" They say.

"It's not that big of a deal" I shrug.

"Yes it is! We told you, we will come support our bestie if she has any event" Sophie says.

What Sophie just said made me smile, not once before had I a friend which classed me as a 'bestie' nor a friend which was happy to come to my soccer matches.

"You don't have to" I say "my brothers will be there" I add.

"More of a reason to come" Violet hums.

I roll my eyes, she is obsessed with boys. Oh and did I mention she is obsessed with my brothers. She thinks they are drop dead gorgeous

"Omg Violet" I say, rolling my eyes "your obsession with boys is getting to big" I joke.

Violet smirks "let me tell you, it will NEVER be to big" she winks, putting an emphasis on 'never' and 'big'

My eyes grow wide at her dirty joke. Out table erupts with laughter which earns a few weird looks off tables near by.

"Violet you are disgusting" Sophie says between laughter.

—-

It is the end of the day and I'm waiting nervously in the girls locker room, putting on my 'lucky' soccer boots that Blake got me for my birthday.

"Are you nervous?" Aaliyah asks whilst doing up her laces.

"Yeah, really nervous" I reply with a small laugh.

"Hey you'll be fine" she nods "just think of it as a normal soccer game back at your old school" she smiles.

I return the smile and nod. I stand up and perform a few stretches to make sure I wouldn't pull anything.

"Calm down" Aaliyah says "you're literally shaking" she adds, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"It's not about the actual game" I confess "it's the fact that my brothers are here watching. I want to make them proud" I add quietly.