Chapter Twelve

A small shriek comes from my mouth and I run near my bed. My heart starts pounding viscously. I fumble for my phone to quickly call one of my brothers.

My doors flies open and Grayson stands there paranoid however he soon relaxes when realising I'm okay.

"Gray what the hell just happened?" I ask nervously.

"Don't panic Evanna, it was probably our neighbours" he says calmly.

I raise an eyebrow. Neighbours? We live in the middle on nowhere with no other houses in sight.

"Grayson I'm not stupid! There is no houses around us" I yell.

"Yes there is Evanna, now watch that tone" he says raising his voice "We share our land with a farmer who lives not to far away he was probably hunting" Gray adds.

"Then why did you run in here so panicked?" I ask.

"Because we heard a bang, we thought you might've fell" he says.

I decide not to push this topic any further. For now. It's only going to get me in more trouble later on. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Well uh now I'm here. Do you wanna come down and watch a movie with me" Grayson says.

"Sure" I shrug, still annoyed that they aren't telling me something.

Grayson gives me a warning look, wrapping his arm around my small self protectively as if he is afraid I'm going to disappear.

We make our way into the movie room, however something is up. As we walked past the kitchen, Grayson made his voice louder, he didn't want me to hear what my eldest brother was talking to my other brothers about.

This wasn't what I expected the end of my birthdays to end like. I walk towards the large bean bags stationed at the front of the rooms. Grayson locks the door and pulls down all of the blinds, making the room pitch black.

Grayson throws the remote to me however due to my eyes not adjusting to the dark, it hits me right in the face.

"Ow" I mumble rubbing my nose.

"Shit sorry sorella, didn't mean to hit you with it" he apologises.

"It's fine" I say, turning on the large flat screen tv.

"What are we going to watch?" He asks, flipping beside me on the bean bags.

"I don't know, horror?" I ask.

"Nope, you're too young to be watching horror movies" Grayson says.

I playfully roll my eyes.

"Gray, I just turned fifteen most of the horror movies are aged fifteen" I say with a slight giggle.

He pauses, realising I'm right. He sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Well...I -" he stops " I don't care, I don't want you having any nightmares missy" he states, pointing a finger at me.

I shake my head and laugh, I scroll through the list of movies, looking for the best one. I stop at 'Charlie st cloud' glancing at Grayson for approval.

"What's the age rating?" He asks.

"It's a twelve" I reply.

Grayson shrugs and nods "sure whatever" a smirk makes it's way into his face "you better not be watching this just because Zac Efron is in it" he says.

"Nooo, but it's a plus" I laugh, pressing play on the remote.

We are halfway through the movie when a message pings through Grayson phone. I sneakily glance over trying not to make it obvious.