V

enjoy~

Mattia's pov.

I shook my head and woke up in the police car.

what. the. fuck.

My mind was clouded with very unnecessary thoughts of Kairi. What did that dream mean? i mean obviously i didn't kill my mother.

Surely i shouldn't be feeling this way. Kairi was a fucking murderer and con artist. Why could i only think of him?

It was bothersome.

Kairi's pov.

After Ale and I had had a little visit with mattia, we went to another store across the street and did the same thing.

Adrenaline rushed through my body every time. It would never get old. It was funny to see the pain.

which might be old news to everyone, but not me. Fear, pain, dismay, dread, horror, agony, discomfort.

all of that made me feel something inside.

for once. I could feel something.

I remember the day i lost my ability to feel things. I just slowly became more numb. It started with my father came home from work saying he lost his job. Continued with my parents divorcing because my father refused to get another job. Proceeded with the physical abuse from him.

Everyday the feelings would just deteriorate, and turn into empty minded emotions.

I couldn't wait till i was 18 to move out. So i moved out presumably at 17.

that was 3 years ago.

I guess i became the version of my father that he always said he never wanted to be.

he was a monster. And now i was too.

But thank goodness i lost connection with him. He moved back to japan after he saw my name on the news.

and my mother? no idea. she disappeared after the divorce and i'm positive she won't be coming back any time soon.

anyways, Alejandro and I were back at the apartment, with all of our 'goodies' across the floor.

All we had really taken was money. We had about 50k all spread out.

"So, we can either just keep it for us, or should we do the gang tie and give them 40?" Ale spoke.

He was referring to the gang we had previously worked with. Ale and I separated from them to do our own work, but sometimes we still needed protection.

The people in the gang were like brothers to us. I knew they'd do anything to keep us alive.

"Give the 40 to them. they deserve it." I admitted, making different piles.

My phone began to ring, so i sighed deeply before answering.

"cosentino," I spoke dully.

"it's mattia. can you leave me alone? it's getting irritating that you're always in the same place i am."

I chuckled, at his obvious stupidity.

"ar-are you laughing at me?"

I let out an even louder laugh, becoming out of breath. "of course i'm laughing, baby. you know how ridiculous you sound, right?"

"it's a request."

"well, request denied. listen i think we should meet up. you obviously forgot whos in charge in this situation. maybe another bullet will do." I grinned, making dead eye contact with Ale.