XIX

enjoy~

Mattia's pov.

and yet again kairi was gone. and yet i still missed him.

Sometimes i wondered if he really did like having me around, even though i seemed like a nuisance to him.

I grabbed the phone, dialing 911 and giving a brief description of where i was. seconds later i heard sirens.

My vision was going in and out and my thoughts were racing. Paramedics surrounded me, putting me on a stretcher.

"name?" I heard over and over again, and a bunch of other questions being thrown at me. until someone said something.

"the boy that's in love with kairi cosentino!" The voice was louder than the rest and caused a deafening silence.

"Mattia polibio." I heard a EMT say after putting me in the ambulance. Shortly after, i woke up in a hospital bed.

Or at least i thought it was shortly after.

time skip ,, 3 weeks.

My eyes slowly opened as a nurse walked out of the room. Other than that it was empty.

I looked at my surroundings, feeling something in my nose. I shook my head, staring at the blandness of the room.

but only one person was on my mind.

kairi.

where was he?
what was he doing?
does he miss me?

but who was he?

Sooner or later came in, smiling at me. "hi mattia, how're you feeling?"

"fine..? where am i?"

"the hospital, you've been in the hospital for 3 weeks in a coma. but you've been stable, the whole time." She scraped at a clipboard with her pen, studying my features.

"oh. when am i being discharged?"

"whenever you feel 100%. also don't worry your bill was already paid, by a man named Kai? that's the name he gave us. he also gave us an address for you to go to when you woke up." She smiled.

"well i feel 100%, can i get ready to go?"

"yes of course." She helped me get up and handed me a set of clothes.

I got dressed and left almost immediately. I got a taxi to the address, stopping at the house.

It was extremely fancy, and seemed wealthy. I rang the doorbell, being scared by the camera.

A small young man opened the door, smiling brightly with a blunt in his hand. His hair was pushed up, and dark brown eyes.

"uh, who are you?" he spoke with attitude.

"mattia polibio."

His eyes widened, and he instantly let me inside. "my bad, he's upstairs in the room with double doors."

I shot him a confused look, ignoring the all too familiar smell of weed. I got to the door, knocking softly. I heard a faint come in, so i opened it.

Another small boy was sitting in the middle of his bed, with stacks of cash and bags of white.

"matti!" He squealed, getting off the bed to hug me. "i thought you'd be in that coma forever.." He mumbled against my chest.

I melted in his touch, even though i was confused as to who this kid was. He was warm, and his hair was fluffy.

He pulled back, looking up with twinkling eyes. He looked so guilty yet innocent.

"kairi?" I said after he pulled away and brought me to the couch in the room.

"hm?" He responded, sitting close to me.

"fill me in? i uh don't remember a whole bunch and the only thing the nurse said was the address and that i should look for you."

He put his small hand on my cheek. "i don't even know where to start."

"the beginning?"

He shot an eyebrow up, challenging me. "there's uh no need for attitude, but sure." He paused, laughing. "i'm a criminal, and before you freak out, no i'm not gonna kill you. we ran into each other at a convenient store, and i shot you."

I backed away from him, but i wasn't scared by him.

"......and then you asked me to shoot you, so i did. then i had to leave to protect you."

I must've zoned out because i didn't hear half of what he said. All i know is that i've stayed with him even though he's a horrible person.

Memories started to fill my mind, and i remembered the horrific person in front of me.

I stood up, and backed away. "you're a psycho!"

"yeah but i'm your psycho." He muttered just loud enough for me to hear.

"what?"

He cackled, flailing his back into the couch. "you must've missed the part where i said you owned me."

"own? i don't is-"

"and i own you so shut the fuck up, and sit down, and try your best to remember what he had."

My eyes widened, how is it that a small criminal just told me what to do? I sat back on the couch fumbling with my fingers.

He went back in the bed, messing with the computer that was in front of him, then put the cash in a large black bag.

"kai?" I called, watching him look up. "are we together?"

"yeah. we're in love, or at least i'm in love." He sounded sad, his eyes darkening.

"were we happy before the accident?"

"yeah. there was lots of bickering, but nonetheless, i never stopped loving you less." He had a sweet facial expression, seeming relaxed. "as for you, i have no idea how you feel about me."

"neither do i." I admitted, making him laugh nervously. "well i mean of course i like you but everything i remember is just faint."

"that's okay, stay here for a sec okay? unless you want to get shot."

I nodded watching him leave the room with the bag. He came back about 20 minutes later, with blood on his face and his jacket all torn up.

"what happened?"

"nothing, do you feel comfortable giving me a kith or something?"

I nodded, laying on the bed with him. I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling his head in my chest.

"kith?" He looked up with a pouty face.

(babie 🥺🥺)
I pressed our lips together, tasting his soft lips. He moved away, smiling softly and putting his head in my collar bones.

"hey kai?"

He hummed in acknowledgement, snuggling closer to me.

"i love you."

He looked up yet again and grinned. "i love you too."

holy funk what was this kid doing to me?

// 1066

lil fluff for y'all until i can figure out how to introduce the next part.

anyways give me a kith like mattia and kai

~akemi :)